PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me?

Megagirl
10-01-05, 11:02
Hi Guys,

Not sure if you can help out but here goes anyway.
My name is Megan and I've been living with Panic Disorder for about 4 years now.
Has had a massive impact on my life. I used to have a good job and a passion for travel but
things changed dramatically when I had my first panic attack. I couldnt hold down a job anymore and
became severely agrophobic.
About 3 years ago I decided to try to go back to college which was terrifying but have managed to
last the distance. I now only have about 6 months to go until I finish my degree which is a real achievement for me.
For my major project I've decided to make a CDROM with information for people with Panic Disorder and was
wondering if any of you guys would be able to fill in a questionnaire as part of my research.
I'm interested in the way anxiety effects the learning process and how using animation, graphics and sound might help
people to remember important information.

I'm hoping that I can make a CDROM that might be able to help someone who was in my position 4 years ago,
terrified and having no idea what was happening to me.
I'm still finishing the questionnaire but wanted to put a message on here first to see if anyone can help me out.
My email address is megagirl76@hotmail.com.

Best Wishes,

Megs

addy
10-01-05, 11:56
Hiya, Sure I'm up for that. My name is Andrew, and i have added you to my MSN. please let me know when you have accepted me.

I suffer the same as you , and have done for over 12 years... thou i have good months and bad months... the lead up to Christmas are mostly bad months.. so recovering from hell at the moment.

You should be really pleased of yourself for making it to college, it was a real success. Hope I can help.

Wealth is not Health! But wealth helps!

Megagirl
10-01-05, 12:30
Thanks so much for replying Andrew.
Am so sorry you've had to endure 12 years of panic. Is exhausting isnt it. I'm also glad Christmas is over too. Anyway I'll try to finish this questionnaire a.s.a.p and get straight back to you.

Thanks again. Your response is much appreciated!

Megs
:)

sal
10-01-05, 13:07
Hiya Megs

Welcome to the site, you have done really welling doing a degree and know how hard anxiety can be.

You can get my email address from my profile and i would be willing to help with your questionnaire.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Meg
10-01-05, 13:45
Hi Megs,

I decided after being inundated with requests for help with panic to write factsheets that grew into being a CD rom which resulted finally in being a set of 8 CD's......

Do send me a copy of the questionnaire. I did one on this site ( kindly facilitated by Nic ) for a course and can share the anonymous aggregated data.

Good luck

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

bubblestar
10-01-05, 15:00
hi

im happy to help with your cdrom and answer your questionnaire.
il add you to my msn

x

Sarah-Jane
10-01-05, 16:09
Hi ya well done on your degree a hugggggggge achievement! Ill be happy to complete your questionaire.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Megagirl
10-01-05, 16:17
Ahhh thanks Sal, Bubblestar, Addy and Meg for your replies!
Is really encouraging and is spurring me on to get the questionnaire out as soon as possible.

Meg, that would be fantastic to have a look at the data you received from your questionnaire. I've read a couple of peoples responses to your CD's and they sound extremely helpful. Many thanks for offering your support.

Megs
xx

Megagirl
10-01-05, 16:24
Thanks Sarah-Jane!

Megs
x

Karen
10-01-05, 17:16
I'd be happy to complete your questionnaire too.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
10-01-05, 19:53
Megs

Welcome to the forum.

If you let me have a copy I can put it on the website for a while too. I did this for Meg and her research questionnaire.

Let us know when it is ready.

Nicola

Megagirl
16-01-05, 18:27
Hi Nicola,

Thanks for your reply! I've been frantically working to finish the questionnaire and it is now ready. Would be fantastic if you could post it on the website. Shall I send it to you first?

Thanks again,

Megs

nomorepanic
16-01-05, 20:10
Megs

Yeah you can email it to me at nomorepanic@btinternet.com

Look forward to getting it.

Nicola

Megagirl
17-01-05, 00:13
brilliant, am sending it off to you right now!
Thanks again,

Megs
x

nomorepanic
17-01-05, 18:19
Got it thanks

Will take a look through for you and get back to you.

Nicola

Megagirl
19-01-05, 21:27
Hey guys,

Just to let you all know my questionnaire is ready if anyone is keen to fill it in. If you drop me an email at megagirl76@hotmail.com I can send you a copy. Would really appreciate your responses!

Megs
xx

Megagirl
20-01-05, 23:47
Hey guys!

Yes its me again with the annoying questionnaire!
Am really sorry for all these postings. Thought I'd let you know that
I've put the questionnaire online at this address. Is really quick to fill in now, I've timed it to about 1.5 minutes.

All you need to do is go to this link

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=80201

If you fill it in I promise never to mention the Q word ever again

Megs
xx

Meg
21-01-05, 09:29
Hi Megs,

Missing a question at no 11.....

I think this is a good way of getting your survey done. We can keep boosting this link to keep it current .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

jill
21-01-05, 19:35
Hi Megs

I was going to fill in the [?] but 11 is missing,
please PM me when you have put Q 11 in.
and I will fill it in.

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
21-01-05, 20:00
Hi Megs

That looks really good - well done.

Once you sort Q11 I will put a link on the site to it as well.

Nicola

Megagirl
22-01-05, 16:48
Hey guys,

Question 11 is now fixed and its all ready for you guys to fill in!
Thanks for all your support!!

Megs
x

Megagirl
26-01-05, 16:45
Hey everyone,

A massive thank you to those of you who filled in the questionnaire.
If any of you would still like to the address is

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=80201

Its only going to be online for a few more days, then I will leave you all alone!!

Thanks again,

Megs
xxx

FAN
26-01-05, 18:36
i filled it out

fan x

Megagirl
27-01-05, 13:00
Thanks Fan!

Is really appreciated!

Megs