PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma fear...

Worriedworried
21-10-18, 11:04
I know there’s been a lot of posts of the same thing but I’m just looking for some help/reassurance.

Recently I’ve been having really bad anxiety over a couple lumps in my neck. The main one of which is under the corner of my jaw bone on the right side, it is probably about 1cm wide and 2-3cm tall, quite hard and I can only move it sideways, I first noticed it 3 months ago but didn’t take any notice of it at the time so not sure of it’s nice then. 3 weeks ago I was curious and took to dr. Google which obviously pointed to lymphoma which then started my fears. I also have a softer feeling lump on the right side next to my windpipe and a smaller hard lump under my right ear. I keep worrying the one under my jaw has gotten bigger but I’m not sure if it has or not. I’ve been poking and prodding it for 3 weeks now constantly and now I’m worrying as it doesn’t hurt at all even though I’ve poked it so much.

Can anyone offer some help or reassurance or has anyone else experienced the same thing? :( thanks

Worriedworried
22-10-18, 13:21
Someone please help it’s taking over my life :(

Fishmanpa
22-10-18, 13:51
I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. I had a node on the left side of my neck that was hard, didn't move and was painless. Difference is it grew, and fast. It was clearly visible at the size you mention and it looked like I had the mumps by the time I went in for surgery. I didn't have to poke or prod to feel it nor turn my head a certain way. We cannot effectively nor accurately measure a lymph node. If indeed it's that large, a doctor would clearly be able to see and feel it.

We're not doctors. While I'm not a fan of paid reassurance, if you're that concerned, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts

Worriedworried
22-10-18, 19:46
Thank you :) feel a bit better about things now! My anxiety has been so bad I haven’t even been to work and I’ve hardly been eating which hasn’t been helping! Hope you are well also :)