PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Peripheral Artery Disease?

Panicpro
23-10-18, 04:07
Hi all,

I posted a few days ago about my achy legs. My right leg had an awful bout of pain last night and it caused a lot of anxiety for me. The pain comes and goes, although is mostly always there to some degree. It feels like growing pains from when I was a child. I am going through a very very bad period of anxiety and admittedly googled my symptoms. All seem to point to Peripheral Artery Disease, which is a major cause of death. Obviously, I am terrified now and am wondering if anyone has any insight. For reference, I am 18, non-smoker, a little overweight but otherwise healthy as far as I know. My symptoms often exaggerate when I am very anxious and subside when I am distracted. My symptoms are:

Leg pain which seems to get worse with rest or is not affected by movement at all
Nausea
Lightheadedness and strange feelings in chest
Paleness

I have made an appointment to see my doctor on thursday but I need to get through to then, any insight would be appreciated. Please be kind, I am really going through it right now :weep:

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

Also to mention - my main fear is having this disease and dropping dead any second from a heart attack or stroke. I understand this sounds irrational but it makes sense in my mind.

BikerMatt
23-10-18, 14:28
Your only 18 and don't smoke. Your chances are 0%.

If your pain is worse at rest then it's not PAD. Also you would develop shinny skin and start losing hair on your legs and feet.

I had an ABPI test in October 2017. It's quick and simple, you could ask for one but it wouldn't be worth it.

I'm 45 and smoked since i was at school and my results were in the normal range, but in the lower range of normal.

You'll be fine:)

Panicpro
24-10-18, 10:19
BikerMatt,

Thank you for your kind, honest response. My leg aches were much better today to my surprise. Still seeing the doctor but with a bit of a clearer mind about it!

BikerMatt
24-10-18, 19:58
BikerMatt,

Thank you for your kind, honest response. My leg aches were much better today to my surprise. Still seeing the doctor but with a bit of a clearer mind about it!

No problem.

Hope all goes well at your Dr's, but i'd clear PAD from your mind.

All The Best