PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

gg478
23-10-18, 05:49
Hi I've developed Health Anxiety earlier this year thanks to the help from everyone's favorite Dr Google I found a lump under my armpit and didn't know what it was at first I did't think anything of it until curiosity got a hold of me and googled what it could be and that pushed me into the deep end I started worrying went to the Dr she said it could be a lymph node from fighting off something I probably had but didn't realize it like an infection or virus or something I can't remember the other two so she gave me some antibiotics and it did help but was still there maybe from me touching it so much got ultrasound for it came back fine but my anxiety wouldn't stop I keep worrying about getting or having lymphoma or melanoma or leukemia etc... so recently I found another lump not as big as the one before actually I think it's smaller and sore to touch (possibly from me touching it) the lump before didn't hurt and I have no other symptoms except a slight couch and some sneezing so you know this throw me back into the deep end thinking that it just has to be something life threatening but I'm trying my best to stop my worries think more rationally and try to get help for my anxiety so currently I'm trying to get an appointment with my Dr and see if she can help with my HA and see what she thinks this is if it does't go away before my appointment.

unwellandworried
23-10-18, 07:52
I was in the same boat, still somewhat am!
I noticed a lymph node was pretty enlarged and of course I thought I had lymphoma as well, so I went to the doctors for it and he said it was fine. Lymph nodes are very sensitive and can swell up for virtually any reason. They also do not like being touched, so poking and prodding at them will make them swell up again. (I know from experience, as I continuously do this despite my doctor telling me not to.) It's great that you're going to the doctor for your HA, and definitely bring up the lymph node if it's concerning you.
:)