PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Fibrillations and Babinski Sign and Brisk Reflex?

Yagswagger
23-10-18, 21:17
OMG PLEASE HELP!!!

I was sitting on the bus today and was frustrated with something and I brought my fist down right above my knee, and my feet jerked up a little bit (specifically my heel).

When I got to the library, as odd as this sounds, I took off my shoes and sock for my right foot, and crossed my right leg over my left, and scraped my foot as is done in the Babinski. When I scraped the inner sole of my foot, my big toe curled down which is normal. HOWEVER, when I scraped down the middle of my foot, my toes ever so slightly curved upward the first time, there was no reaction teh second time, and the third time it kind of curved upward.

Also, the muscle right above my right knee on my lower thigh has odd FIBRILLATIONS and feels like its squirming when I walk sometimes.

THIS IS REALLY WORRISOME, PLEASE HELP!!! Is this some sort of neurological disease/disorder or condition??? PLEASE HELP!!!

I am 22 years old btw.

axolotl
23-10-18, 22:09
Muscle Fibrillations

Babinski Sign

Someone's been Googling.

The fact you even know these phrases, which only medical professionals really should, suggests you're already scared of these things through excessive "research" and are misinterpreting very vague things to fit things you've read.

jray23
23-10-18, 22:14
Hi there! I became aware of what the Babinski test was this April when a neurologist did it to me repeatedly...I kept getting ticklish and moving!

Anyways I was curious and once I looked it up what it was and what a "positive" result meant that I got into a bit of panic myself and knew that this would be a terrible thing for someone with Health Anxiety to learn about!! Surprisingly I think this is the first time I've seen a post about it. (seriously to other readers, if you don't have your HA under control, especially if you are a 'symptom checker' do not look it up!)

Of course after that I tried to do a self-Babinski about a couple of dozen times, socks on/off, left/right foot, etc. I too found sometimes toes went up, or spread out, and at times worried a bit about it.

Bottom line is that even though I saw toes up some times on a self test it must not be reliable/accurate to do it to yourself - especially with conscious knowledge of what reaction you are looking for - because when I later went to the otoneurologist (ears) he did it to me also, and on his report it clearly stated:. "Toes go down". (i.e. a normal result).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yagswagger
23-10-18, 23:40
Someone's been Googling.

The fact you even know these phrases, which only medical professionals really should, suggests you're already scared of these things through excessive "research" and are misinterpreting very vague things to fit things you've read.

What about that squirmy feeling of the muscles of my lower thigh when I walk. It feels like they flutter (not a twitch, because I've had those before)?

Is that the sign of denervation at a muscle? Or an early sign?

AMomentofClarity
24-10-18, 02:01
What about that squirmy feeling of the muscles of my lower thigh when I walk. It feels like they flutter (not a twitch, because I've had those before)?

Is that the sign of denervation at a muscle? Or an early sign?

The best thing you can do is stop self testing and stop googling. It’s impossible to test your own reflexes (because you know it’s coming), and even if you could, you don’t know how to interpret the results. There’s a reason neurologists undergo 12 years of education and training.

If you’re worried, see a doctor.