PDA

View Full Version : Diaphragm Pain

Dave_Lister
23-10-18, 22:15
I will preface this post by saying that my HA is under control.

I was diagnosed with a fatty liver back in March after I had an abdominal ultrasound, and the doctor called it an incidental finding. I was sent for the ultrasound because I was having abdominal discomfort and heartburn. he put me on a PPI and it seemed to help for a while.

I have since been back to the doctor complaining about my abdominal pain again because the PPI he prescribed me (Tecta) was causing me some joint pain, and I didn't like it. I asked if my fatty liver could be causing the pain in my diaphragm and back and he said it doesn't cause pain so it would be more muscular or skeletal.

I have dropped almost 30lbs after the diagnosis and am about 14 lbs away from where I should be as I have been training with F45 for the last three months. F45 is a high intensity interval training course that I do 5 days per week. I am stronger and more fit now than I have been since I was in my twenties. I have greatly cut back on my alcohol intake as well so I am pretty sure that most of the fat has been melted away from the liver as I have read that a reduction in 10% of your total body weight would have a profound effect on the reversal of a fatty liver.

My question is does anyone have any experience with gerd and their diaphragm hurting/burning, and does anyone have right chest discomfort in their ribs in the bottom of the rib cage just right of centre?

JoeCanuck
24-10-18, 04:27
If you're doing HIIT 5 times a week it's probably just sore muscles in your core.

Dave_Lister
24-10-18, 04:56
Thanks Joe, I am feeling gassy too. I am wondering if I have Ibs because I get back pain too, and if I burp or pass gas it seems to give a little bit of relief. I have been feeling stressed too as I haven’t had a holiday in two years and my wife’s brother is terminal with cancer and it has had a big effect on her so maybe it’s stress related?

All I know is that it comes and goes. It isn’t constant