PDA

View Full Version : Pancreatic cancer, lymphoma or something else?

Dannte89
24-10-18, 06:44
Hi! First of all I have to say I have been long time reader and this forums had helped me greatly so thank you to all of you for this great community. Also English isnt my native language so please ask if something isnt understandable.

Now to the case. I wasn't sure if I should even post this, but it couldnt get any worse and I really need some help. Before I start to explain current problem, here is what I have gone through and have tested starting from month of May:

* Full blood count 3x + D vitamin test (last one in beginning of September)
* Gastroendoscopy - thought I had some stomach cancer
* Colonoscpy - thought I had colon cancer
* ENT doctor - throat cancer and had soar throat for like a month and clicking sound when swalowing (still have that sound)
* Ultrasound for my neck and for my thyroid - I was sweating too much after activities and sweating at nights (still am but more on this later)
* Ultrasound on my internal organ such as liver, kidneys etc. 2x , last one in July - Thought I had liver cancer
* DNA test for Gilberts syndrome - i was having light jaundice and my Bilirubin was 4x above normal
* X ray on my back - had a back pain
* X ray on my lungs 2x - lung cancer, lymphoma and I had a chest pain
* CT on my lungs
* Many different doctor visits...

Maybe i forgot something but but those are main things. So from all of that what I got was:

* Blood test perfect, D vitamin pretty low, now I have to drink it daily.
* Gastroendoscopy - turns out I have GERD, which would explain acid in my mouth at night and after eating, now I am some acid blockers.
* Colonoscpy - absolutely clean
* ENT couldnt find anything in my throat which is a bit annoying and that click in my throat make me very anxious.
* Ultrasound on my neck and thyroid found some thyroid glands, however they were very small and I was told not to worry about. Also had some lymph nodes, but none over 1 cm and I was told they look bening and not to worry about them (ye right)
* Ultrasound on my interneal organ - everything was perfect.
* Gilberts - yep I got it
* X ray on my back - my back is pretty ****ed up especially for my age (29),I have a very poor posture and I am sitting at desk most of my day
* X ray and CT on lungs - nothing there, also heart is good and no enlarged lymph nodes.

And after all that this is where I am now. My back is still hurting and I am still sweating at nights (not all nights and not like I have to change sheets) and also have some pain under right rib cage when I am moving around. Also lymph nodes at neck have not gone down (it has been month). But somehow I was able to ignore all of that and not be total wreck until tonight.

I went to bed at 11 PM, a bit anxious about my pain under ribs but fell asleep after while. So at 1 AM woke up, no sweats, no real pain, went to bathroom and fell back to sleep. Then at 3 AM I woke up and was covered in sweat, my bed sheets was pretty soaked under my back, like you could put arm and feel that it is wet and it uncomfortable to lay on it.

So obviously my lymphoma scare was back and panicking I went to bathroom. Came back, still stressed out and after laying on my sheets with some quite large wet patches I started to have some severe stomach pain. Pain was located in the middle of stomach right under ribs, exactly where pancreas are. Pain was pretty bad, when I tried to lay on on my right side.

My apendix has been removed long time ago, so that wasnt it. After like 2 hours of pain, it slowly went away and I was able to get 1 hour of sleep before I had to wake up (still woke up 30 min before alarm).

So I am at working and quite worried. Why am I sweating at night? Espcially this much when I had wet patch behind my back, never had that before, and room was quite cold, I was shivering when I got out of blankets with my chest and back sweaty. This makes me really worried about lymphoma, even though 3 doctors have told me YOU DONT HAVE LYMPHOMA.

I hadnt been sweating for for 5 nights and was in decent mood, but now this...

And that stomach pain. It was pretty bad, right where pancreas are and my right side after ribs is still hurting . Still have back pain and some light jaundice in my eyes. Doctors have told me that jaundice is from Gilberts, but honestly it could be from pancreatic cancer blocking? I know it didnt show up in ultrasound, but it was 3 months ago, maybe it was really small back then and now is starting to grow. I know that back pain also could be cause by pancreatic cancer...

So basically I have a lot of pancreatic cancer symptoms - nights sweat, back pain, light yellowing in my eyes, floating stool (this I have for many months and maybe had before, I just wasnt noticing it before), severe stomach pain at night and some lingering pain all day at right side (this I am not sure, feels more like rib pain than stomach, and it comes only when I am moving), stiff chest, and some lymph nodes in neck.

What should I do? Should I get another ultrasound or maybe CT on pancreas and stomach as whole? What about night sweats, doctors have insured me, it is not lymphoma I am getting sweats from, but nobody has been able to tell WHY THE F*** I AM SWEATING AT NIGHT? I am so afraid about upcoming night, if I will have that severe sweating and pain again I might go insane from stress.. I am just 29, I would prefer not to get disease with stupidly low survival rate.

Edit: To be fare I thought I had pancreatic cancer in July because of my back pain, thats why I got ultrasound, after that back pain slowly went away (with help of massage), but the back pain is back accompanied with nights sweats and stomach pain I didnt have before.

Dave_Lister
24-10-18, 21:09
Doubtful that its pancreatic cancer. That is rare, and you are young so I would rule that out. Did you have an ultrasound on the abdomen where they look at the pancreas, and did you also have blood test that test for pancreatic function?

If so, and the results were normal, I would say that you are clear of that. I am going through some stuff with my guts and back too, but I am not worrying about pancreatic cancer and I am older than you, so try not to worry.

lofwyr
24-10-18, 21:30
Well, to be honest, anxiety can cause everything you have except the yellowing eyes, even the floating stool. I have had everything you mentioned in dealing with anxiety over the years, often all at once. I am having some of them right now.

If you have Gilberts you have the yellowing in the eyes explained, anxiety can easily cause the rest. I am not saying you shouldn't investigate, but you shouldn't rule out that it could be anxiety too.

Dannte89
25-10-18, 06:30
Thanks for answers! Tonight was better, no sweating or pain. But of course woke up again before alarm, and then my mind went into checking mode and that was it for sleep..

Still have some weird feeling at the end of the ribcage, like somebody had punched me there and it hurts a bit when i move around. Biggest worry is my back, which still hurts, especially left side at waist. I have a feeling like there is something pressing at my side from inside. I know most likely reason could be my messed up back (spine at waist is tilted to right for few degrees), but my mind goes "but what if it's not spine? What is something is growing there?" Also there is some pain right in the middle of back, which again annoyingly could come from pancreas..

Did you have an ultrasound on the abdomen where they look at the pancreas, and did you also have blood test that test for pancreatic function?

I didnt have endoscopic ultrasound, just normal one (twice) which looks at all internal abdomen organs - kidney, liver etc. Both reports said all my internal organs are fine, size is normal, nothing unusual growing there. Problem is it was 3 months ago, and sadly I have read that pancreatic cancer can be missed on regular ultrasound..

Sadly no, it was regular blood test for white and red blood cells, also for liver function and markers for inflammation. Everything was normal, and inflammation marker was 0, which I was told, would not be caseif I had lets say lymphoma. I did this blood test like a month ago, and honestly I would prefer not to do another one if it really not necessary, waiting for results spikes my anxiety real badly.

Dave_Lister
25-10-18, 16:11
Did they test your pancreatic function levels? If those were normal I would say you are fine. I am going through the same thing right now, and all they found was a fatty liver, but I have since taken the steps to reverse it so I am not worried about that being the cause of my pain. I too have thought about pancreas issues but my US and blood work was fine for that and the doctor didn't mention anything so I doubt he would have missed that.

I too have been waking up before the alarm at 5:00 pretty much on the dot every morning and that is due to the anxiety, and I would bet that is what is causing your sweating too.

Trust me, I have been there before and I had the same thing you did(sweating, waking up too early etc.) while waiting on a test result and once it came back clear all of the anxiety sweating and sleeplessness went away.

You're gonna be ok!

ScaredBBOY
05-11-18, 16:12
I’m going through a very similar situation pain in my middle and upper back also pain in the middle of my shoulder blades jus recently I’ve been have discomfort in my rib in comes after I eat but it doesn’t matter what I eat I also lost 15 pounds in the last 40 days I’m waiting on my ultrasound results now I can’t really tell if I have jaundice or not but my stools are all types of colors. I am 28 and I am in fear I have PC as well I pray that we are both okay and will get our issues resolved stay strong

ScaredBBOY
03-12-18, 14:05
Hey Dave_lister and Dannte89 how are you guys doing with your symptoms?? I am going through something similar but my back pain and rib pains have me the most worried now I’m starting to have stomach cramps and feeling of fullness not too painful but it does worry me.... hope you guys symptoms have gotten better