PDA

View Full Version : Tonsil cancer??

T Guess
24-10-18, 12:15
Hello, I am a little freaked out. I have a sore throat, like a spot in my throat that hurts on left side. I get canker sores a lot and think it is ulcer in throat. I was looking in my mouth with flashlight and noticed a white spot on my left tonsil. It is not painful at all and the tonsils do not look swollen and are both the same size. I am scared and wonder what this could be?? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Could this be cancer??

axolotl
24-10-18, 13:46
Hello, I am a little freaked out. I have a sore throat, like a spot in my throat that hurts on left side. I get canker sores a lot and think it is ulcer in throat. I was looking in my mouth with flashlight and noticed a white spot on my left tonsil. It is not painful at all and the tonsils do not look swollen and are both the same size. I am scared and wonder what this could be?? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Could this be cancer??

It's a huge leap to go from that to cancer - you've bypassed a much more obvious possibility of a tonsil infection. Worth seeing a doctor if it persists, but in case you need antibiotics, not in a panic it's something nasty.