View Full Version : Right upper abdominal heaviness and Nausea

woaidelrey
24-10-18, 23:40
Hi everyone,

Thanks for providing and sharing this platform to allow people like me to vent and to be distracted a little from a state of panic.

This Monday morning, I woke up feeling extremely nauseous and my right upper side of abdomen just constantly feels very heavy and feels as if something is inside. It is not pain really, just really subtle heaviness and a little subtle pain. Now it's Wednesday evening, I still feel nauseous and right sided upper abdomen discomfort. The nausea also is worse when I first get up in the morning.

I am so afraid that it might be gallbladder cancer, liver cancer or pancreatic cancer as all these organs are in the upper right side abdomen. I was hoping my pain would be more severe so that it could be gallstones, however, it is not really pain but rather heaviness feeling.

has anyone felt this way before? if anybody can share any experience or offer some insight, it would be really appreciated :weep:

AMomentofClarity
24-10-18, 23:45
Hi everyone,

Thanks for providing and sharing this platform to allow people like me to vent and to be distracted a little from a state of panic.

This Monday morning, I woke up feeling extremely nauseous and my right upper side of abdomen just constantly feels very heavy and feels as if something is inside. It is not pain really, just really subtle heaviness and a little subtle pain. Now it's Wednesday evening, I still feel nauseous and right sided upper abdomen discomfort. The nausea also is worse when I first get up in the morning.

I am so afraid that it might be gallbladder cancer, liver cancer or pancreatic cancer as all these organs are in the upper right side abdomen. I was hoping my pain would be more severe so that it could be gallstones, however, it is not really pain but rather heaviness feeling.

has anyone felt this way before? if anybody can share any experience or offer some insight, it would be really appreciated :weep:

How old are you?

woaidelrey
24-10-18, 23:48
I'm 27. I know it is unlikely to have all the above-mentioned cancers... but when I researched and saw some sample cases with similar symptoms, and they were all young, I instantly panicked :weep:

AMomentofClarity
24-10-18, 23:52
I'm 27. I know it is unlikely to have all the above-mentioned cancers... but when I researched and saw some sample cases with similar symptoms, and they were all young, I instantly panicked :weep:

Great, you know as a 20 something female your odds of any of those are practically 0.

In terms of your “research”, the internet is extremely vast...you can find anything your mind wants to. If you want to dig up outlier examples of people dying of rare cancers in their 20s, you’ll find it. If you want to find instances of GERD and other benign causes, you can certainly find those too. It’s your choice.

SarahNah
24-10-18, 23:53
My friend recently had her gallbladder removed. She had issues that started on like that over the months it got worse and worse. Yet she didn't worry about it once, shrug it off. After some tests, she had a begin growth of some type. She's been going good ever since

I'm not saying at all that's the issue with you, or that you have any of the issues you listed either. I get pains like that often, I have Ibs and other stomach issues. Sometimes if I'm not following my diet well or a flare up I feel like that!

I'm just saying I have issues like that, my mind always jumps to the worst issues as well. Once when I was getting tested for something, I was freaked I had pancreatic cancer. I mentioned it to my consulted about all the articles I found. He said something like yeah it happens but the chances are like 99.99999999% of it not being something like that. You don't see article after article about it not being something sinister. It helped me in ways but I still get worried at times also!

woaidelrey
25-10-18, 00:05
Great, you know as a 20 something female your odds of any of those are practically 0.

In terms of your “research”, the internet is extremely vast...you can find anything your mind wants to. If you want to dig up outlier examples of people dying of rare cancers in their 20s, you’ll find it. If you want to find instances of GERD and other benign causes, you can certainly find those too. It’s your choice.

I know. Sometimes when you stumble upon a malignant case that sounds like your symptoms, you just couldnt shake that case off. That's like my mindset. Btw, I am a 27-year-old male lol

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

My friend recently had her gallbladder removed. She had issues that started on like that over the months it got worse and worse. Yet she didn't worry about it once, shrug it off. After some tests, she had a begin growth of some type. She's been going good ever since

I'm not saying at all that's the issue with you, or that you have any of the issues you listed either. I get pains like that often, I have Ibs and other stomach issues. Sometimes if I'm not following my diet well or a flare up I feel like that!

I'm just saying I have issues like that, my mind always jumps to the worst issues as well. Once when I was getting tested for something, I was freaked I had pancreatic cancer. I mentioned it to my consulted about all the articles I found. He said something like yeah it happens but the chances are like 99.99999999% of it not being something like that. You don't see article after article about it not being something sinister. It helped me in ways but I still get worried at times also!

benign growth... ugh. I hope mine isnt any growth :(.

I honestly wouldnt be worried if its just nausea. Im worried because of the specific location of my discomfort, which is the upper right side abdomen and the fact that I have never had this type of discomfort before.

Right now, this heaviness, and subtle pain is constantly reminding me and making me scared that it might be something of malignancy...

AMomentofClarity
25-10-18, 00:37
I know. Sometimes when you stumble upon a malignant case that sounds like your symptoms, you just couldnt shake that case off. That's like my mindset. Btw, I am a 27-year-old male lol

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

benign growth... ugh. I hope mine isnt any growth :(.

I honestly wouldnt be worried if its just nausea. Im worried because of the specific location of my discomfort, which is the upper right side abdomen and the fact that I have never had this type of discomfort before.

Right now, this heaviness, and subtle pain is constantly reminding me and making me scared that it might be something of malignancy...

Here’s what interests me about your concerns, and it’s a perfect example of catastrophic thinking...not only do you ignore the completely benign potential causes (Acid, musculoskeletal, etc), but you blow right through the intermediate stuff too (gallstones, fatty liver, etc) right to cancer. Even though the other things are MUCH more common, especially in 27YO.

woaidelrey
25-10-18, 00:45
Here’s what interests me about your concerns, and it’s a perfect example of catastrophic thinking...not only do you ignore the completely benign potential causes (Acid, musculoskeletal, etc), but you blow right through the intermediate stuff too (gallstones, fatty liver, etc) right to cancer. Even though the other things are MUCH more common, especially in 27YO.

That's true. liver, gallbladder or pancreatic cancer are all very rare cancers especially for 27yo. I checked UK Cancer stats, there are like only several person range 25-29 yo was diagnosed with gallbladder or pancreatic cancer out 70 million people. that's the odd. but I just cant get pass the thoughts that i might be the unlucky one !

woaidelrey
25-10-18, 23:18
just wanna give a quick update. going for a upper right abdomen ultrasound tmr. will give an update once I get the result :)

woaidelrey
11-11-18, 15:53
UPDATE: ultrasound results came back negative

Hypomania
14-11-18, 20:11
UPDATE: ultrasound results came back negative

Congrats man!

How are you feeling these days? Going through the same thing right now, even though I also had a clean US. But I'm supremely anxious, so I don't trust anything lol.

Fishmanpa
14-11-18, 20:20
Congrats man!

How are you feeling these days? Going through the same thing right now, even though I also had a clean US. But I'm supremely anxious, so I don't trust anything lol.

Apparently the reassurance was short lived (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225844) :lac:

Positive thoughts

Hypomania
14-11-18, 21:19
Apparently the reassurance was short lived (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225844) :lac:

Positive thoughts

lol should I be flattered that he mentioned me in a post :blush::blush::blush:

woaidelrey
14-11-18, 21:21
Congrats man!

lol im feeling good in terms of abdominal discomfort! That has resolved! but as you know... right now im experiencing swallowing issues and am pretty scared of esophageal C!!!:shrug: