PDA

View Full Version : Zoflot

tulip123
23-08-07, 22:33
My doctor has perscribed this for me and told me it was a sort of antidepressant. Has anyone had any luck with this drug. What can I expect? It's making me more anxious just thinking about it.

Tulip

Southern_Belle
25-08-07, 16:10
Hi Tulip,

It is an anti-depressant. I took it once and it did not help with anxiety. I have heard it is great for depression though. Good luck.

Hugs,

Laura

tulip123
26-08-07, 23:01
Unfortunately, I'm not depressed and the doctor failed to realise it.

(oh well) been there before.

Tulip

pete69
27-08-07, 14:07
my shrink gives me prozac for social anxiety...he said it will work in 80% of cases-where cipralex and the like will only work for 20%..if you suffer with anxiety maybes try prozac.....i think u mean zoloft dont u?

AnxAndy
27-08-07, 16:20
Tulip,
Zoloft, aka Sertraline, aka Lustrol! Yes I was changed to this after Citalopram didnt work for me. I was getting extra anxiety as a side effect on Citalopram so my doc prescribed Zoloft (Sertraline) because it had a more sedative effect apparently. Both are (as Im sure you are aware) members of the SSRI class of anti-depressents which are also prescribed for anxiety.
Unfortunately although I did not suffer the side effects with Setraline (zoloft) it didnt do anything significant for me after 2 months and I am now taking Prozac (fluoxetine) which DOES seem to be helping!
Tulip, trust the doc and give this med a go, if it dosent seem to work or gives you undesirable side effects then he will cahngeyour prescription to something else. Different meds work for different people, its just a case of finding the right one for you!

Good luck my friend!

Andy

Tinkerbell200
27-08-07, 18:05
Hey!
I found Sertraline (Zoloft) really helped me with depression, anxiety and panic. It was probably the best meds I have taken so far. The only problem was that they seemed to stop working after a while and I was on the max dose so had to come off them :( Im on cipralex at the moment and I really hate them, anxiety never been so bad and not helping with depression at all plus all the side effects I seem to be getting! Prozac also increased my anxiety so had to come off them as it just wasnt getting better!
I would definately give them ago, I wish they hadnt stopped working for me as they made me feel so normal again! :yesyes:
Hope this helps a bit! xx

tulip123
27-08-07, 20:27
Hi. I've decided to delay taking them until I feel I need to. I'm just about coping at the moment. (I don't tend to trust doctors on this because when it comes to anxiety they appear to clutching at straws in my experience).

Tulip

tulip123
30-08-07, 23:41
Just wanted to add something here. Is it wrong to refuse to take medication your doctor has described if you feel the devil you know (anxiety) is much better than the devil you don't (pill side effects and everything that comes with it). Should I let the docotr know I'm not taking them?

Tulip