PDA

View Full Version : Migraine - Aura?

delta
24-08-07, 01:35
I'm so scared, I have been getting what I think is a migraine attack every few weeks, I've had 2 recently, before then they were coming about once every 9-10 months or so. They scare me to death when they come, there is no warning and the flashing and visual disturbance is awful. I'm so worried as to what is going to happen next. I can't understand what has caused them to come more often . I feel stressed all the time, a bit like I'm being squeezed. I've given up work to look after my family but I feel that there is no time left for me, my health problems seem to rule my life now and I can't see that I will ever have a life for myself again and that is causing untold stress. HELP! Reading this back it sounds so garbled and I can't believe I've just typed it but this is what my life has come to and I can't see a way out of it. :weep:

Phill2
24-08-07, 05:55
Hi Delta
I get these all the time and they're nothing to worry about.
I just take 2 paracetamol and they go away in about 30 mins
Phill :shades:

kate
24-08-07, 07:44
I started having the aura, flashing lights, migraines when I was 12. They continued every few weeks until I was about 15. I have had the occasional one since and they freak me out as well :blush:

As Phill says, they DO always pass after about 30 minutes. The main thing is to try and stay calm (LOL easier said than done, I know!) as I always panic big time when I get the visual disturbances now.

Would be a good idea to visit your GP, if you haven't done so already.

Kate

Laurie28
24-08-07, 11:51
I also get these and have to take painkillers and go to bed. The next day im useless! I think it could be a hormonal thing too, I used to get them alot when a teenager but stopped after my first son! I do get them occassionally. I know they are scary! The stress you are feeling and worrying may contribute to them

delta
25-08-07, 00:16
Thanks for all your replies. :) It's put my mind at rest a little reading them. I suppose I was terrified that the next time maybe it wouldn't pass after 30 mins and would lead to something worse.
Thanks again.

panicdiva
25-08-07, 00:44
Hi, I have had these too. Have you tried Migleeve tablets? They come in pink & yellow tabs. As soon as I have the aura I take a pink one, that usually is enough to get rid of the aura & usually the headache does not come. If it does, I take a yellow one & that's it. I hate them, luckily I don't get them often.

I'm sorry that you are feeling like you have no time to yourself. This can be very stressful, which may be contributing to your migraines. How hold are they? I assume that your family are not at school yet? Is there anyway you can get some time to yourself at night?