PDA

View Full Version : Scared that a bug flew into my ear and will be a parasite in my brain!

scaredpt
25-10-18, 14:56
Last night I kept waking up to a buzzing sound close to my face. Really weird. I’m worried it was a bug and then it flew into my ear and will be a parasite. Is this likely?

Carys
25-10-18, 15:05
Errr no.

If it was a buzzing flying thing, then it wouldn't want to be heading into your ear, it'll be a fly ! Parasites of the ear, and they do exist, I believe are generally things like fungi and stuff (which of course don't fly)

MyNameIsTerry
25-10-18, 15:06
Funnily enough this actually happened to me a few days ago. I felt like I was half dreaming and half awake and could swear there was a bee/wasp buzzing very close to my ear as it was so loud. Then I fully woke and there was nothing.

A minute to process it told me it was an auditory hallucination. These are common during falling alseep/waking so just a normal brain function event. It was very realistic.

So, perhaps it was something like this?

scaredpt
25-10-18, 15:17
Yeah it might be! I get sleep paralysis and I guess this is a weird form of it? Hopefully nothing is in my ear

MyNameIsTerry
25-10-18, 15:21
Sleep paralysis occurs during the same Hypnagogic & Hypnopompic sleep stages as the phenomena I mentioned so it is very possible.

I've had it with hearing voices too. On more than one occasion I thought someone was shouting me to find they knew nothing about it.

AMomentofClarity
25-10-18, 15:24
Last night I kept waking up to a buzzing sound close to my face. Really weird. I’m worried it was a bug and then it flew into my ear and will be a parasite. Is this likely?

Every bit as unlikely as a bleeding brain from hitting your head, or HIV from talking to someone, or tetanus from a staple or dying from moldy bread.

Do you see a pattern here?

Fishmanpa
25-10-18, 15:45
On your last thread, you said you were getting treatment for your anxiety.

I've been getting treatment for health anxiety

I'll ask again...

Therapist? Meds? Both? if you're in therapy, does your therapist know of your reassurance seeking on the forum?

I'd like a response that doesn't include a "yeah but" or a list of symptoms please.

Positive thoughts

axolotl
25-10-18, 16:47

That's not how insects work.

Carys
25-10-18, 17:02
.....ifa fly , or small buzzing insect accidentally flew in your ear....it would be desperately trying to get out again right now. You'd be hearing it and feeling it !

axolotl
25-10-18, 17:33
.....ifa fly , or small buzzing insect accidentally flew in your ear....it would be desperately trying to get out again right now. You'd be hearing it and feeling it !

You also have a little thing called an ear drum that stops things flying straight into your brain. If anything pierces an eardrum you would be in excruciating pain.

As Fishman said, how's your treatment going?

MyNameIsTerry
25-10-18, 18:01

Except in that film about a plague of clever ants where one gets in a bloke's ear and starts controlling him :winks:

Carys
25-10-18, 18:02
Yes, Terry, except in that film.....of course.....but then......derr der der....:roflmao:(what sorts of films do you watch ???)

MyNameIsTerry
26-10-18, 01:49
Yes, Terry, except in that film.....of course.....but then......derr der der....:roflmao:(what sorts of films do you watch ???)

Really bad B-films with increasing daft plots! :yesyes:

You'll never catch me walking across a desert in case those Graboids are out there (but Tremors was a great film!).