PDA

View Full Version : This always happens...

UnsureSquirrel
25-10-18, 16:26
So my life is going great. My family love me and support me. I have wonderful friends, and have just started working full time again for the first time in nearly 5 years.
So why this panic. Why the crushing sense of impending doom. Why the overwhelming fear that it's all about to go so wrong. That my friends don't care. That my family hates me. That they only employed me because they were desperate. Why does it feel day in day out like someone is sitting on my chest, grasping hold of all the rational thinking and positivity I've worked so hard to build up, and it's being torn out of me?!
I know this is anxiety. But I've done so well for so long. Why is it back. I'm scared it could ruin everything I've worked for in the last 5 years, everything I've worked for since my world came crashing down and I couldn't cope. I can't go through that again. Please.

axolotl
25-10-18, 18:49
This sounds so familiar, Squirrel. It seems like anxiety becomes worse the better things are sometines, which makes sense in some ways, as it's the time you have the most to lose. But don't listen to it!

I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and can really relate to this. Have you ever had a diagnosis or had any help?

UnsureSquirrel
29-10-18, 18:56
I haven't no, but opened up to some friends yesterday who encouraged me to talk to my dad and step mum, which I did this evening. They were great. I still feel very low, but at least I've spoken now. The ball is rolling. Going to make an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow :)

Fishmanpa
29-10-18, 20:31
ell for so long. Why is it back

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Work on the techniques you've learned through the years. Be patient. This is just a blip. It happens.

Positive thoughts