PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Anaximenes
25-10-18, 21:44
My health anxiety started just less than 12 months ago. I suppose I have had high-functioning anxiety for a few years.Mostly manifested by not liking travel in cars.

The start of the HA was that I passed out at a work meeting. The worst part of was that the other people in the meeting were cardiologists, anaesthetists and intensive care nurses. There was now warning i just woke up on the floor. Lots of people checking my pulse etc and ambulance personnel. So into hospital and lots and lots of tests. No clear diagnosis, every test comes back normal. Best diagnosis is costochondritis; probably stress/anxiety related.

For the past 10 months been doing all things (checking google, re-visiting doctor, watching pulse, breathing and blood pressure constantly) that are of no use. Must have had 15 eggs, echocardiograms, etc, including a 4 day stay on a cardiac ward. Nothing found - I ca and do walk around 10Kms a day, can run up half a dozen flights of stairs with no ill effects.

SO WHY DO I THINK I HAVE A HEART CONDITION.

Stupid doesn't describe it. Some days I can control my anxiety, other days I'm a scared nervous wreck.

I am hoping this is the first stage in a recovery process

venusbluejeans
25-10-18, 21:49
Hiya Anaximenes and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: