PDA

View Full Version : Feeling weird when standing up

DNQNYC
25-10-18, 22:52
Has anyone felt their heart pound and race, along with feeling woozy and slightly faint when standing up from lying down? I’ve tested my BP upon standing and it was always a little higher than usual, instead of lower..

I’m finding that lately, just getting up and walking 20 feet into my kitchen has me feeling this and it’s been really freaking me out. I have pretty bad health anxiety over my heart, and even though my last blood test and ecg(last year) were fine, I can’t seem to relax when I feel dizzy or my heart starts to race, which is often. Yesterday, after feeling this, my heart rate shot up to 138 and I was trembling uncontrollably for close to 15 minutes before breathing techniques kicked in.

I’ve been dealing with this for a while, but it’s been feeling worse lately and it seems I’m losing the sureness I had that it’s all due to anxiety/panic disorder..

Fishmanpa
26-10-18, 01:29
It's called Orthostatic Hypotension. A drop in blood pressure while your body catches up adjusts from a prone to standing position. Normal and harmless even though it can feel like rubbish. And that feeling, although harmless, triggers your fight or flight instinct and you add an adrenaline rush to it.

Positive thoughts