PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Doctor’s Appointment Feels Like a Death Sentence

Thistooshallpass21
25-10-18, 23:28
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I’m a 30 year old female, with no children and no personal history of illness.

I’ve been a hypochondriac my entire life. I can remember being 5 and thinking I was dying.

Recently my fear has been cervical cancer. I made an appointment at my new doctor’s office for a Pap smear. They requested the files from my previous doctor from my previous pap which was about 4.5 years ago. My old doctor’s office never called to tell me that my results were inconclusive and I needed to go in for another swab.

Since those results were basically garbage my last Pap smear on file was from when I was 21 years old. I’ve basically gone nine years without a Pap smear.

I’m freaking out thinking I’m walking in to this appointment with a noose around my neck. It’s gotten so bad that I think “what’s the point of doing anything when I’m just going to be diagnosed with cancer soon anyways.”

Has anyone ever felt this way going on to a doctor’s appointment and found out nothing was wrong?

jray23
26-10-18, 01:27
You've survived 100% of your doctor visits so far, it's not likely this one is going to break that streak!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Leslie735
26-10-18, 22:32
Are you having any symptoms? If not, try not and worry. I know way easier said than done. I had a pap come back as inconclusive years ago, it's was because the Dr didn't collect enough cells.