PDA

View Full Version : panic about weekend trip

Lilacslover
26-10-18, 03:45
on a day to day basis, I have my anxiety basically under control. I live a normal and mostly happy life. however, when i step out of my comfort zone i usually have some amount of panic. this weekend, my boyfriend invited me to go on a six hour drive to a different state with his siblings their significant others and some friends. this should be fun right? well to me, its terrifying. only because of the fear of panicking in front of people who might judge me or think I'm severely ill and not see the real me because of it. the biggest issue is that when i panic it goes right to my stomach. i sometimes throw up or need to go to the bathroom asap. it gets very hard to explain why I'm dry heaving or why I'm silent and holding in throw up. this is only in extreme anxiety but it has happened in front of people. I'm so afraid that his family will pity me or find me weird.
I've been through therapy and I'm on meds, but something like this comes around maybe twice a year and really sets me off. any ideas for the stomach or how to act around people if i panic?? anything is appreciated :yesyes:

DustingMyselfOff
27-10-18, 21:07
I don't have any solutions for you but I can offer my sympathy and compassion because I know EXACTLY what you're feeling. I have had this fear for years and when I'm invited anywhere, I panic. "What if I get sick while I'm there?" "What will they think of me?" I'm going to a birthday party tonight for family and am nervous I won't feel well and they will notice. Next weekend I'm flying cross-country to visit my daughter and that has got my nerves shot right now. What if I'm sick on the plane? What if I'm sick the time I'm there when I was HOPING to be there helping her with her two young children (one is a newborn).

I can handle being sick when I'm home and would probably become a hermit if I retired so I keep forcing myself to keep getting out there, but when the anxiety gets this high, I wish I could stay home 24/7.
Sue