PDA

View Full Version : Please help, sure I have lung cancer

Brunamateus
26-10-18, 12:43
Hi guys, hope someone can calm my nerves since I can barely function these last days...four days ago I went to the hospital with a lot of pain in my middle chest and throat, I was scared I was having an heart attack, I got really nervous...they did an ekg and blood test and everything was fine, turns out the right side of my belly had a lot of gas, but then, I was left with pain in my upper back ribs and left shoulder blade, it’s a really annoying sharp pain, I had this pain before but I don’t remember it lasting so long) it does get better for awhile when I put a warm cloth on my back, I also been having a cough, not persistent but has been here for a few days and I have a little bit of phlegm with it.... but no blood or anything, I’m really scared guys, I’m a 21 female, and a smoker please help, I’m already quitting, I cut it down to three cigarettes a day and planing to completely stop but scared it’s too late

Andromeda
26-10-18, 13:18
I think you should be assured that the hospital would have picked up something as serious as lung cancer!

Giving up smoking is definitely a positive step and will benefit your future health but for now i don't think you have anything to worry about.

Gas pain can be pretty severe! Have some peppermint tea and some painkillers and try to relax :flowers:

ankietyjoe
26-10-18, 13:38
Sounds like you need a good fart tbh.

Maybe you need some adjustments to your diet? Pain from gas can be extreme.

lofwyr
26-10-18, 15:46
I smoked for five years in my 20s. I am now 48, quite just over 20 years ago, and have routine CTs of my chest for an unrelated reason, and my lungs are very clear. There is basically zero chance you have gotten cancer from smoking unless you started when you were 3.

Fishmanpa
26-10-18, 16:45
There's a thread about these (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225332) kinds of "Sure I have ____ " post. Of the 1000's and 1000's I've read through the years, I know of two people that actually had something going on. Both are fine and their anxiety has taken a back seat since.

Positive thoughts