PDA

View Full Version : Stomach/rib problems

WorriedWart
26-10-18, 19:08
Feeling of bloatedness/discomfort under and around the left rib cage for 3 weeks that seems to be the most constant symptoms.

Past few days I’ve started to get backache and shoulder pain too whilst the rib dimscomfort on left hand side seems to have got higher.

Been trying to hold off googling etc. but remembering what I’ve looked at before when in high anxiety mode, I can’t help but worry it’s something horrible – especially since I’m now in my 30s and can no longer tell myself "I'm too young to have this@

Went to the doctor in the week, but they merely prodded around and took a stool sample. Told me to take buscopan, which I have been doing – but it’s only stopped the cramps, I still get loose bowel movements after the first one in the morning and I think I’m getting itching as a side effect.

I’ve found at points over the past few days that I feel I’m close to tears – part of me wants to break down and cry, but I just can’t seem to do it which kinda makes it worse.

It sounds cliché, but this feels different to previous health anxiety symptoms as it's lasted longer than previous worries. Stomach, colon, pancreas… I’m terrified. And the longer I’m sat here without an answer to what’s going on, the sooner I fear it’s going to be too late. Would serious symptoms stick around or would they come and go?

I’m away from friends and family this weekend, so got nobody else to talk to.

JamesRed
26-10-18, 20:27
Hi, I'm in completely the same situation.

Might be worth looking at the online courses they have here that someone linked me https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324

Hopefully you have some peace

paranoid-viking
26-10-18, 22:13
Most likely a mild form of gastritis.

WorriedWart
26-10-18, 22:20
Most likely a mild form of gastritis.

Even after 3 weeks?

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Hi, I'm in completely the same situation.

Might be worth looking at the online courses they have here that someone linked me

Hopefully you have some peace

Hi. I'll look into this thank you

steelie
26-10-18, 22:26
I'm dealing with the same thing right now too. You're not alone, and we'll get through this.