PDA

View Full Version : HIV Virus

NotCool
27-10-18, 22:20
I turn on you for some rational thinking counsil.

I'm an idiot that had unprotected sex 5 weeks ago with a random woman off one of the dating sites. I was lonely, and vulnerable.

In short, I/we did not use a condom. The sex was vaginal, and hasn't lasted for very long. It was an irresponsible decision that I will never make again. I hope I won't be punished with HIV because of it.

In the weeks following the encounter I've had all kinds of symptoms, some spots of my penis for a day or two, then a few days ago I've had tonsilitis.

Please, I beg of you to, despite my idiocy, offer me some advice, some encouragement, some reassurance because I really really need it at this point. I'm sure some of you have had a similar experience, perhaps?

Thank you.

KK77
27-10-18, 23:38
I don't think it would be helpful for anyone to judge you, but I'm glad you appear to have learned from this experience and will think twice before repeating it again.

However, I would still get tested for STDs - not because I believe you've contracted HIV from this one encounter, but the possibility of other far less sinister (and treatable) STDs.

Dave_Lister
28-10-18, 02:48
Alright, I want you to calm down. It’s been five weeks since your last exposure so go and get a gen 4 duo test. It will be conclusive at four weeks, but I wouldn’t worry about this exposure as your chances of getting hiv is extremely low. The odds are approx 1 in 2000.

Let me know if you have any more questions.