PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling right now

Panicpro
29-10-18, 00:49
Hi all,

So I’m in the middle of what I would call a nervous breakdown. It began with awful health anxiety that has seemed to have subsided somewhat although it still lingers in my mind all day, but it was replaced with anxiety about war and world news and those things. It’s hard to escape from that too because of all the social media BS everywhere. But I need a distraction. I feel so sick and anxious I can barely bathe myself, haven’t eaten a meal in almost two weeks and am crying a lot. I am on Lexapro for panic and anxiety disorder and Xanax just for when I need it. Even yesterday I ended up in the ER because I was having some nasty side effects from the medications. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t even distract myself. It feels torturous and I am really suffering. Can anyone give me some advice, or some hope? My birthday is on Thursday and I’m really sad that I won’t be able to enjoy myself :( sorry to sound like a baby, I am just really struggling. Thank you

ankietyjoe
29-10-18, 12:13
If social media is triggering fears, then stay off social media.

Not eating will make you feel horrendous, and it's not really recommended at all. At the very least you should try and focus on getting some nutrients into your body, staying off social media (which in itself isn't good for you) and getting out for walks. Those things alone should see improvements.

Perhaps it's also time to re-evaluate the medication if it's landing you in hospital. They're not necessary to beat anxiety, it's just another way of doing it.

Aquilega
30-10-18, 09:08
If social media is triggering fears, then stay off social media.

Not eating will make you feel horrendous, and it's not really recommended at all. At the very least you should try and focus on getting some nutrients into your body, staying off social media (which in itself isn't good for you) and getting out for walks. Those things alone should see improvements.

Perhaps it's also time to re-evaluate the medication if it's landing you in hospital. They're not necessary to beat anxiety, it's just another way of doing it.

Good morning with the greatest respect "you don't try and beat anxiety" you learn to live along side of it and except how you feel my friend trust me it will happen when you least expect it:)

ankietyjoe
30-10-18, 14:48
Good morning with the greatest respect "you don't try and beat anxiety" you learn to live along side of it and except how you feel my friend trust me it will happen when you least expect it:)

You can beat it, and learning to live alongside it is part of that process.