PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for Tmj or sinus pressure to cause teeth sensations

jessygirl77
29-10-18, 04:00
I’m literally full of anxiety everyday for weeks now trying to figure out why my teeth or so sensitive . I’ve been googling , dumb I know. But this has never happened to my teeth before and I’m beyond freaked out!!!

WiseMonkey
29-10-18, 06:59
I’m literally full of anxiety everyday for weeks now trying to figure out why my teeth or so sensitive . I’ve been googling , dumb I know. But this has never happened to my teeth before and I’m beyond freaked out!!!

I get this from time to time and I believe that TMJ can cause/be a part of this. I use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth and that works well after about a week of using it.

Aussie11
29-10-18, 08:21
I’ve had this from sinus infections or blocked sinuses before a number of times. So could definitely be from this or teeth grinding/jaw clenching if anxious etc

jessygirl77
29-10-18, 11:14
The worry part is it’s lasted a few weeks now . And all though I feel pressure across all my top teeth and at times bottom the most pressure is towards the front left side around my cainine tooth and the ones around it. I have sinuous pressure but nothing if I were to blow my nose.

Aussie11
29-10-18, 11:19
When I had the issue, I didn't feel stuffed up in the nose and couldn't blow my nose etc. But I had a brain MRI (as had also had dizziness with it as well) and it showed completely blocked up sinuses and the doctor said that would have caused the teeth feeling as well. I took Nasonex spray for a while and did saline rinses, and it eventually went away. Once before when I had similar feeling in my teeth I had to have antibiotics as it was a sinus infection and doctor decided as it had gone on for a month she would treat it.