PDA

View Full Version : Where do I go from here? ALS Clean EMG

NormFrank74
29-10-18, 20:27
Over the last couple of months, I have developed a lot of scary symptoms. I herniated a disc in my back last year and have had pain, numbness, and tingling in my left leg ever since.

Around July, I started having panic attacks. I then began to twitch in my calves. My left feet would be numb and sore in the morning. The twitching quickly spread to my chest, arms, back, hands, and feet. My legs feel heavy and sore. My arms and handshurt when I pick things up. My hand was sore when I used chopsticks the other night. It subsided after a minute but it was still alarming. I have burning pain in my neck, shoulders, and back.

I have had an exam. My strength was good except for a slight weakness in right hand.

My hands get tingly and numb feeling at night when I am asleep. I wake up twitching and sore in the mornings. It gets better through the day but never subsides completely.

I had an EMG performed on my left side. The Neuro said that he saw no evidence of MND in my leg and slight carpal tunnel in my left wrist. He didnt even see nerve damage from the disc which I thought was strange. He said that he didn't see ALS and thinks that this is something viral.

I have had a brain MRI which showed scattered white matter lesions. I was told that these could be from headaches. I have chronic sinusitis that causes headaches.

My throat is sore on one side and I feel so clumsy and scatterbrained. I am afraid that my voice is getting hoarse. I have a lot of phlegm and have to clear my throat constantly.

I have also heard that carpal tunnel can be an early misdiagnosis. This has all happened in the span of about a month. I know that a clean EMG is supposed to be an all good for ALS but I am still hurting, twitching, and freaking out.

My tongue has started to twitch and my throat is sore as well. What should I do at this point? My Neuro says that he believes this to be benign and my PCP suggested Fibromyalgia as a possibility. Part of me wants to go screaming back to the neuro but another part of me wants to wait and see what happens. Is there any advice out there. All feedback is appreciated.