PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel lumps under armpit

Ceri78
30-10-18, 13:28
Hi all, not in a good place right now and I dare not ask my husband as he loses his temper and shouts when I keep questioning myself but is it normal to feel lumps under your armpit? I'm worrying myself sick my lymph nodes are inflamed..any help is truly grateful to calm my nerves right now xxx

Carys
30-10-18, 14:13
Still worrying about breast cancer Ceri?

What do you mean by lumps? Try and explain in more detail what you think you are feeling......

NervUs
30-10-18, 15:27
Ceri,

I have palpable lumps under my armpit. It's worse on the left side, they cause a protrusion, and you can even see them from a distance :ohmy: They have been there at least 5 years. I had them followed for 2 years and ultimately biopsied and they were benign.

I don't know how normal it is to feel them but, even if not normal, that isn't automatically bad.

Your lumps are most likely lymph nodes reacting to an infection or cut of some kind. If they just pooped up, give them a few weeks to go away. If still there in a month, get them checked out.

Ceri78
30-10-18, 15:38
Hi they are about the size of my index fingertip and movable they are in both armpits but the right is more prominent.Yes carys feel worse now I've found this..i was hoping it was muscle and not my worst fear xx

Carys
30-10-18, 16:55
Its not your worst fear Ceri. It is lymph nodes that exist in each and every one of us, under our armpits. There are strings of them that go from the breast, under the arm and then down the arm. I do take on board what you are saying, you think they are enlarged, but if you have a skin problem/infection on that side they might be enlarged. Did your GP check them whilst doing your breast manual exam, before writing the referral ?

Fishmanpa
30-10-18, 17:50
Hi they are about the size of my index fingertip

That's really small. Can I ask what would be abnormal about that? :huh:

Positive thoughts