PDA

View Full Version : Pain in head - please help!

punkprincess19
30-10-18, 16:38
Hi
For the last 8 weeks or so I’ve been getting headaches. I’ve been to the doctors about it and they said they aren’t worried about my symptoms... wish I weren’t worried though. The headaches have had me in an awful state of panic and anxiety. The pain seems to have made itself at home on the left side of head from my temple to where the top of my ear is (but not on my ear) I have got a persistent pain in the same place and at times it feels like it goes tight or I have some kind of muscle spasm (if there’s even muscles there).
Does anyone else get or have this? What is it? It’s making me so anxious!

Thanks

Carys
30-10-18, 16:47
Yes, there are muscles there. Put your hand just above your ear, use your finger tips and don't press too hard. Now clench your teeth together on that side, relax and clench again. You can feel the muscles there tightening. Try the same thing all over that part of your head, close to the temple, above the jaw....everywhere there has muscle. Tension in the face/jaw area can really make them painful at times. You could be clenching your teeth, or holding your jaw tightly and it could make symptoms this way.

punkprincess19
30-10-18, 17:30
Yes, there are muscles there. Put your hand just above your ear, use your finger tips and don't press too hard. Now clench your teeth together on that side, relax and clench again. You can feel the muscles there tightening. Try the same thing all over that part of your head, close to the temple, above the jaw....everywhere there has muscle. Tension in the face/jaw area can really make them painful at times. You could be clenching your teeth, or holding your jaw tightly and it could make symptoms this way.

Why have I not thought to do that sooner! This is how bad the anxiety is, can’t even think rationally.
I read somewhere once that pain near the temple is really bad so that’s played on my mind quite a lot.
I noticed last night that I was holding my jaw funny but I assumed it was because of the pain but I’m finding it so hard to relax because of the pain. I’ve also noticed that my left nostril is blocked at the top and blowing my nose doesn’t clear it. I’ve been having pressure behind my eye and my eye has been stinging. Do you think it’s all related? How do I get rid of it? It’s awful. I keep having crawling sensations under the skin too which creeps me out.