PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming tiredness

silver_shoes
30-10-18, 22:59
Anyone else suffer with this? It's horrible.

My periods have gone a bit crazy over the last few months, lasting two weeks, GP has sent me for tests and nothing major has shown up so far, but she has referred me to gynaecology anyway. So after my last period I understandably felt totally rubbish but that's to be expected. The tiredness did start to go away but this last week or so it's returned with a vengeance.

I've just been treated for a UTI with some antibiotics but still feel like I've got the symptoms so have got to send a wee sample off to the lab to see if I need different antibiotics. I'm really worried as had this earlier in the year but it turned out to be a kidney infection and I was quite poorly with it (although this time I don't really have the pain I did before, just the burning sensation...).

I'm a bit concerned that something very serious is lurking and the tests haven't found it. the last lot of blood tests I had were on the 15th of October this year so pretty recent, but I'm worried that I could be suffering from some kind of very sudden kidney failure that has caused me to suffer with this extreme tiredness.

The only thing that has shown up in any of the blood tests I've had in recent months, was a slightly low Hb level, so they repeated it and my ferritin was found to be on the lower side of normal although the GP is saying that I am not actually anaemic, although has suggested that some over the counter iron supplements would still be ok to use, in light of my current prolonged period problems.

feel like my health anxiety is spiralling out of control again and I just can't cope with this tiredness.

Anxiousamyj
31-10-18, 01:40
Try the iron. Even if you're not technically anemic, being on the lower side of iron can make you tired.

silver_shoes
01-11-18, 07:52
I've bought some iron supplements and going to start them today. It's horrible feeling like this.

cattia
01-11-18, 10:39
It could be something physical but anxiety can also do that to you. I've been through several times in my life when I've had bad anxiety and I honestly thought there must be something awfully wrong. A few times I've thought I had Me because the fatigue was so extreme but it's always been anxiety. When the anxiety lifts the fatigue gradually improves but for me it is always the last thing to go away after an anxiety episode. I also think that you get into a cycle with it where the more exhausted you feel, the more anxious you get and that makes the fatigue worse. A change of scene or distraction will often help as it makes you feel normal for long enough to believe that there is nothing really wrong.