PDA

View Full Version : Huge dog expierence

coolman832
01-11-18, 01:08
Pretty much when I walked outside I swear out of no where a Siberian husky came up to me. I have seen huskies before but this one was huge like the size of a wolf. I tried to go inside but it kept following me. I was especially scared since I had an open wound on my left knee from the day before. Anyways the dog kept running into me with its head. I don't know if it licked my wound or not but when I got inside and looked out the window. I saw the dog chewing on a plant I remember someone told me that dogs chewing on inanimate objects is one of the signs of rabies. I am really scared I had a prior experience with a dog and it actually licked me but I didn't have an open wound. I don't know if it licked me or not is it worth getting the vaccine?

Fishmanpa
01-11-18, 01:27
Pretty much when I walked outside I swear out of no where a Siberian husky came up to me. I have seen huskies before but this one was huge like the size of a wolf. I tried to go inside but it kept following me. I was especially scared since I had an open wound on my left knee from the day before. Anyways the dog kept running into me with its head. I don't know if it licked my wound or not but when I got inside and looked out the window. I saw the dog chewing on a plant I remember someone told me that dogs chewing on inanimate objects is one of the signs of rabies. I am really scared I had a prior experience with a dog and it actually licked me but I didn't have an open wound. I don't know if it licked me or not is it worth getting the vaccine?

A friendly husky that just wanted pets? No... stop yourself now before you get stuck in the rabbit hole.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
01-11-18, 03:55
Probably a Malamute, they are big (and absolutely beautiful).

Some dogs are more likely to eat things off the ground (ours used to be like that until we trained it out of him) hence why it is always important to keep up their jabs. It could simply be he/her was one who nibbles on stones, snails, anything, etc.

.Poppy.
01-11-18, 15:51
I remember someone told me that dogs chewing on inanimate objects is one of the signs of rabies.

I've yet to come across a dog that doesn't chew inanimate objects. :shrug: Generally just seems to be a dog thing.

Rabies is very rare, even in the US. Your chances of contracting it from this random dog (that is probably vaccinated anyway) are so slim they're not worth computing.