PDA

View Full Version : Feeling weak anybody help?

phil06
19-05-18, 19:48
Does anybody get anxious for no reason? At the moment I get spells every day where I can’t cope and feel all stressed. :blush:

whispershadow
19-05-18, 20:42
I feel like that sometimes as well, you're not alone :bighug1:

phil06
19-05-18, 22:42
Yes like I sometimes wake in middle of night and have vivid thoughts or dreams and start to feel anxious

I’m always anxious on buses at the moment ..

Like I say sometimes I just feel anxious and tense about everything for no reason

MyNameIsTerry
20-05-18, 01:56
Typical of GAD. Been a problem for me from the start.

phil06
20-05-18, 18:35
I have head tension and fears of going mad is this anxiety too?

I get these random panic attack’s i take propranolol but the doctors won’t give anymore

I’ve had money worries could this could be making my anxiety worse?

Scass
20-05-18, 21:19
Yes your money worries can be making it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phil06
21-05-18, 21:31
https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/2le3b1/im_not_suicidal_i_just_want_a_break_from_living/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Anybody had the above symptom? This is my latest one after my mind got bored of the solipsism..

NervousKel
21-05-18, 22:44
Yep! I'm having a lot of anxiety lately for no external reason. I think my SSRI may have quit on me, though.

phil06
21-05-18, 23:03
Anybody get long spells of fearing your going mad? Like lasting long periods of the day?

If so what helps you get over it?

anxietyisreal
22-05-18, 00:58
Yes all of the time. I feel like I'm losing it and then I get anxiety over that. I usually end up manifesting something to be anxious over or make something up to be worried about. Honestly, deep breathing helps me a lot because I was told it resets your brain. Breathing in your nose from 7 seconds, holding for 4 and exhaling out the mouth for 8. It also helps me to say what I'm feeling out loud to someone else, like some sort of release, and realize that other people deal with these episodes as well.

MyNameIsTerry
22-05-18, 02:09
https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/2le3b1/im_not_suicidal_i_just_want_a_break_from_living/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Anybody had the above symptom? This is my latest one after my mind got bored of the solipsism..

Yes, lots of the time. Not much now as I'm long over the mood swings and looking at others thinking about how shit everything is.

Every therapy session involved a set of questionnaires and one had a question about his on there. Every session it got the same answer.

It's common to be asked what you enjoy to find yourself sitting there unable to think of anything.

phil06
25-05-18, 21:51
I seem to be less anxious at work but when I’m on the bus or at home I feel generally anxious about life? How can I control this? Every morning when I get bus to work I feel Anxious and stressed

Ethansmom
25-05-18, 21:57
I'm the same way phil 06. I'm anxious in the mornings. I wake up trembling, thinking of the day ahead and worried about whether or not i'll feel anxiety. It's not a good feeling and tranquilizers and therapy are the only two things getting me through- hour by hour. I am trying a newer SSRI, called Trintellix and i'm hoping this can help calm down my brain. So far, it's not helping. I hope you can feel better soon.

phil06
06-06-18, 22:37
Does anybody suddenly get anxious and feel trapped in the world? I’ve had this before when on public transport or at home? I get some depersonalization after it and unreality feelings

What causes this symptom? :blush:

MyNameIsTerry
07-06-18, 03:13
Does anybody suddenly get anxious and feel trapped in the world? I’ve had this before when on public transport or at home? I get some depersonalization after it and unreality feelings

What causes this symptom? :blush:

Yep, I do at times. Like I'm trapped in ruts. The trouble with my anxiety is that is wants to escape the rut but also not try to escape as it's against it's need to control. :doh:

The HAers fear death, GAD seems to be more fearing life. :scared15:

phil06
09-06-18, 15:40
Yep, I do at times. Like I'm trapped in ruts. The trouble with my anxiety is that is wants to escape the rut but also not try to escape as it's against it's need to control. :doh:

The HAers fear death, GAD seems to be more fearing life. :scared15:

Yes I think it’s all related to my depersonalization and ocd which are my biggest issues right now the ocd ranges from existence questions to the throwing stuff away it’s a bit of a cycle I ocd then anxiety then depersonalization.

Do you feel trapped in a glass bottle or anything like that? I had anxiety last night and felt trapped and depersonalized then it passed :ohmy:

Hayley2
09-06-18, 15:47
Oh my god, I thought I was the only one! I feel like I'm going mad nearly every day and panic attacks happen a lot at the moment. I'm trying not to go down the tablet route but it does get very hard! I had to quit work as it was interfering. I am currently receiving CBT once a week and feel like I need it more often than that. Do you have any therapy sessions you go to?

Fishmanpa
09-06-18, 16:28
Anxiety for no reason

Phil, c'mon, let's be real here. No reason? Look at your post history. You have every reason to be anxious as you're constantly feeding your diverse mental issues :lac:

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

phil06
12-06-18, 01:14
Does anybody get long periods of anxiety? Like I’ve felt all stressed about my ocd all night?

I felt my heart racing last night and worried I was going mad so took another propranolol to help I was on them before for anxiety and stopped them but the doctor wasn’t keen on giving me anymore should I go back and ask for more?

pulisa
12-06-18, 08:39
I think most of us on here get very long periods of anxiety, Phil.

I know you have a bipolar diagnosis so I don't know whether propranolol would help or not but your GP should hopefully know.

Alexldn89
12-06-18, 10:19
Anybody get long spells of fearing your going mad? Like lasting long periods of the day?

If you look at my recent posts you’ll probably agree the feelings are similar
I get anxiety so bad I see flashing lights and stuff and I literally stress myself out until I fear I’m going mad and I’m going to lose it any minute then I get the adrenaline rush and spend the whole day worrying I’m losing it . Do you feel like that sometimes?

phil06
13-06-18, 11:25
Does anybody get questions of existence and find this causes them anxiety?

Phuzella
13-06-18, 13:57
Do you ever answer anyone's posts or take in what they're saying?

pulisa
13-06-18, 14:04
It's very frustrating for those who take the time to try to offer you help and advice, Phil. What is the point of using this forum as you do?

Fishmanpa
13-06-18, 14:58
Do you ever answer anyone's posts or take in what they're saying?

It's very frustrating for those who take the time to try to offer you help and advice, Phil. What is the point of using this forum as you do?

Valid questions. My reply on another thread addresses this...

Respectfully Phil, hundreds of members have offered advice over the years to no avail. The pattern just keeps repeating and despite what you said, it does appear to be getting more extreme. Ultimately it's up to you. Otherwise, you'll be here or some other anxiety website posting the same things for the next 12 years :shrug:

The questions you pose are best addressed by a real life professional that can give you real life techniques and exercises and make you accountable for your behaviors. Your fiance should be in on this as well to help reinforce the change of habit and challenging your thoughts.

I do wish you healing. I cannot begin to imagine the mental strife this causes you :weep:

Positive thoughts

phil06
09-07-18, 19:13

I’ve had this symptom come back again for no reason anybody else suffering this right now?

GiantMogwai
09-07-18, 21:28
Existence not so much at the moment, madness yes, I sometimes feel looking at the world is like looking at a distorted mirror in a fun fair. Alice in Wonderland quote sometimes keeps me sane. Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

phil06
23-07-18, 15:47
I get a feeling like “omg I’m going crazy” every day and the feeling won’t shift.

Any ideas how to make it go away and feel normal again?

Schnacky
05-08-18, 03:58
Does anybody get anxious for no reason? At the moment I get spells every day where I can’t cope and feel all stressed. :blush:

Absolutely, YES!

phil06
17-10-18, 21:21
I’ve had anxiety for no reason for ages and feel my head needs a break or maybe I worry I will go mad does anybody else feel this? Sometimes I struggle to get through a day without feeling a tension headache or worry I will go mad.

When I see the doctor next I was going to ask to try propranolol again I am also going to try and do some relaxation cds again to see if that helps?

Scass
18-10-18, 06:10
Great idea. You should be incorporating the relaxation cds into an every day routine.

Good idea to speak to your GP too, all steps forward.

phil06
18-10-18, 08:56
Great idea. You should be incorporating the relaxation cds into an every day routine.

Good idea to speak to your GP too, all steps forward.

Yes I never replaced those items with my ocd so my ocd has dropped a bit so my anxiety has crept back up where I have felt anxious worried about going mad or having a breakdown I’m not sure why the anxiety has replaced the ocd? I had to take propranolol last night so I hope to ask for some more of these.

My head just feels muffled and I feel sort of anxious I last felt that anxiety just before I moved house why would it have returned? :huh:

phil06
19-10-18, 11:30
I felt a bit anxious today before I started work felt spaced out tense head anybody else had this? I took another propranolol

phil06
20-10-18, 11:23
I took another propranolol before work today going to check with doctor if I can go on them all the time right now May help my head tension and anxiety I feel

phil06
21-10-18, 19:15
I have a tense head and constantly feel I’m going mad like a constant general anxiety cloud anybody else had this?

pulisa
21-10-18, 19:21
I should imagine that most people on this forum could relate to what you describe.

phil06
21-10-18, 19:59
I should imagine that most people on this forum could relate to what you describe.

Does it come and go with you like sometimes I never have this anxiety but it’s come back I believe it’s my other topic the stag party causing my anxiety :blush:

Perhaps the theripst can help more with the anxiety I get too?

Fishmanpa
21-10-18, 21:43
Perhaps the theripst can help more with the anxiety I get too?

Does your therapist know about your reassurance seeking behaviors and long time participation on the forum? I ask because I see it as detrimental to the chances of your recovery.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
22-10-18, 08:13
I think Phil's therapist advised him against using forums, FMP.

Phoenix76
22-10-18, 14:18
Does anybody get anxious for no reason?

God yes. And I have resigned myself to the fact that this is me. This is the way I'm wired up. However, I know that by hitting the anxiety from all sides I can massively reduce the effect. There is no magic bullet. It's a lifelong, daily struggle. But it isn't only you. Anxiety/stress are the curse of the 21st century. We wake up, switch on our TVs and are bombarded with fear and danger: "global warming", "overpopulation," "mass migration", "nuclear weapons" and so on. And the minute you walk out of the house there is nothing but cars, noise, flashing lights, etc. If you could bring someone from the 19th century back to life and put them in London today, they'd have a nervous breakdown within a week!

pulisa
22-10-18, 17:39
There's too much of everything these days...

phil06
22-10-18, 20:28
I had asked for more propranolol but they wouldn’t issue more without an appointment so I may have to hold onto my yearly check see if they will issue some then.

DustingMyselfOff
23-10-18, 16:08
God yes. And I have resigned myself to the fact that this is me. This is the way I'm wired up. However, I know that by hitting the anxiety from all sides I can massively reduce the effect. There is no magic bullet. It's a lifelong, daily struggle. But it isn't only you. Anxiety/stress are the curse of the 21st century. We wake up, switch on our TVs and are bombarded with fear and danger: "global warming", "overpopulation," "mass migration", "nuclear weapons" and so on. And the minute you walk out of the house there is nothing but cars, noise, flashing lights, etc. If you could bring someone from the 19th century back to life and put them in London today, they'd have a nervous breakdown within a week!

I love this, and that is the approach I've been trying to take for the past several weeks: "Acceptance". This is me, this is the way it's always been, probably the way it will always be. Stop fearing it, accept it, remember that "this too shall pass". Easier said than done, but I need to practice acceptance - thanks for the reminder.
Sue

phil06
23-10-18, 17:14
For anybody have to do relaxation cds quite often when they feel anxious all day?

Phoenix76
23-10-18, 18:32
I love this, and that is the approach I've been trying to take for the past several weeks: "Acceptance". This is me, this is the way it's always been, probably the way it will always be. Stop fearing it, accept it, remember that "this too shall pass". Easier said than done, but I need to practice acceptance - thanks for the reminder.
Sue

No problem Sue. Greetings from across the pond:D

phil06
24-10-18, 22:53
My latest anxiety is waves of anxiety where I feel I can’t cope I get a thought and feel omg I can’t cope or I will go mad and I have to distract myself anyone else had this?

Scass
25-10-18, 08:06
Yes, that’s very common Phil. I find that steadying myself by doing some deep breathing or some kind of mindfulness helps. It’s all about stopping, adjusting and then moving on on. A bit like mirror, signal, manoeuvre when you’re learning to drive!

pulisa
25-10-18, 08:14
Is a yearly check up all you get in terms of having contact with mental health services, Phil? Understanding more about anxiety disorders could help you be less afraid of some of your thoughts and fears?

phil06
25-10-18, 11:04
Yes, that’s very common Phil. I find that steadying myself by doing some deep breathing or some kind of mindfulness helps. It’s all about stopping, adjusting and then moving on on. A bit like mirror, signal, manoeuvre when you’re learning to drive!

Another symptom is I get a feeling I can’t cope with life like a passing thought anybody else had this? It’s similar to the going mad thought but it causes me worry when the thought comes :huh:

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Is a yearly check up all you get in terms of having contact with mental health services, Phil? Understanding more about anxiety disorders could help you be less afraid of some of your thoughts and fears?

Yes just a yearly check up about the bipolar meds they can maybe give me more propranolol to help too?

pulisa
25-10-18, 13:21
That's such a shame. Is there no way that you can have more appointments particularly as you have the bipolar diagnosis as well? You are struggling with your OCD and anxiety and it seems as if you are being left to cope alone apart from the private therapy of course but you are paying for that yourself so are hardly troubling the NHS...

I just feel that you could benefit from a fresh assessment of your current issues. Surely anyone with a bipolar diagnosis and meds needs more ongoing monitoring than once a year?

Suziewuzie
27-10-18, 14:09
Hi Phil, just wanted to let you know that I too have the "Omg I'm going mad / I'm about to lose control" thoughts too, seemingly for no reason. And I too choose to listen to relaxing audios when I'm feeling hyper anxious.
That's ok though. It's just how my anxiety presents itself - and obviously yours too. I have long periods of not feeling this way - years even - then occasionally my anxiety flares up and the thoughts / feelings start again and I completely forget that I've been here before and it will pass.
But it will pass. Just be kind to yourself, know that how you feel is normal and try (I know, it's hard) not to give ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION to these thoughts when they come. My instinct is to go lie down and really think about it - why do I feel like I'm going mad? Why is my brain doing this? But it's pointless and no fun, before you know it you've wasted hours panicking and feeling rotten.

phil06
01-11-18, 01:10
Tonight I was sitting and felt suddenly weak and had a biscuit but still felt weak can anyone help? Is it anxiety?

Seems to have been no trigger but I took a propranolol as I had rapid heart beat after I felt weak..:blush:

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

Also my partner doesn’t seem supportive she just went to sleep and wasn’t bothered she says she doesn’t understand anxiety

Elen
01-11-18, 15:02
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

phil06
06-12-18, 23:32
I have been feeling weak again today I think it’s the flu is it possible when you have a cold to feel this way?

Scass
07-12-18, 20:52
Yes absolutely