PDA

View Full Version : Infection from spot spread to my blood?

Jotia
01-11-18, 16:49
So I woke up with an itchy leg and while I was scratching it I noticed it hurt. I looked at it and there is a big red bump, it’s quite painful and inflamed around it. I tryed squeezing it because I thought it could be an in grown hair but I just made it bleed.

I google and it came up with boil and it said the infection can spread to your brain and heart. Now I’m scared that picking at it got the bacteria into my blood stream. I also woke up with stiff aching knees so I’m freaking out that has something to do with it and my neck feels a little stiff and my chest hurts.

Fishmanpa
01-11-18, 16:59
I google.....

HA MO... see something, Google it, freak out and post :doh:

Question: What small flying insect bites you and leaves an itchy red bump?

Positive thoughts

Elen
01-11-18, 17:19
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

lofwyr
01-11-18, 19:26
You simply HAVE to stay away from google. Period.

If something is going on with your health, there will be no resolution for something from google anyway.

I mean, it isn't like you go to google, look something up, diagnose yourself and begin appropriate treatment with the sure knowledge that you have a good, solid accurate diagnosis provided by a health care professional. You still end up having to go to the doctor, so just find the middle ground, and go to a doctor when you think it is appropriate and never google a health related issue, at least when you know you have HA. Heck, my dad doesn't have HA, and he fell down a google spiral.

As an aside, any infection, by definition, can eventually do what you read. It is the entire reason they treat infections with antibiotics.