PDA

View Full Version : Petechiae Rash

LouiseC1896
01-11-18, 19:29
Hi, was wondering if anyone had anything similar. I broke out in a rash last week where I had some itchy spots, on my back and neck and extremely itchy eyes. The spots kind of faded but I still have itchy patches on my stomach and thoughts now.

What I’m really worried about is last the top of my left breast was really itchy and I scratched it then looked and it was tiny dots, a Petechiae rash, I immediately thought of Leukemia. Today it’s still there and is still itchy which red patches all around it and now my other breast is starting to look a bit red and itch underneath. I’m thinking the worst, breast cancer, Leukemia or meningitis?

wubu
01-11-18, 20:27
How about an allergy to washing stuff? Have you tried anti allergy tablets?

LouiseC1896
01-11-18, 20:54
Hey, yeah I tried piriteze for about a week, the spots have died down but still feel itchy then I got the petechiae in my breast. I’ve not changed anything or ate anything different, the only thing I can think of is I have glass fibre in the panels of my bedroom door which was covered with wood which has fallen off. So that’s been exposed in my room for about a week, could it be that?

wubu
02-11-18, 09:39
Oh man fibre glass will make you itch like mad! Maybe just pop and see your GP for a once over

Carys
02-11-18, 10:32
Sorry , double posting after editing and it won't let me remove the original !!!!

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

I have glass fibre in the panels of my bedroom door which was covered with wood which has fallen off. So that’s been exposed in my room for about a week, could it be that?

Its a definite possibility! If your clothes have touched it or your skin, somehow.....something hanging on the door?

The red spots could be from scratching, if you have sensitive skin just the scratch itch cycle can cause red petechiae, so don't worry about that. I get them from scratching even bug bites. However, something has given you a bit of an allergy to start with......

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

I have glass fibre in the panels of my bedroom door which was covered with wood which has fallen off. So that’s been exposed in my room for about a week, could it be that?

Its a definite possibility! If your clothes have touched it or your skin, somehow.....something hanging on the door?

The red spots could be from scratching, if you have sensitive skin just the scratch itch cycle can cause red petechiae, so don't worry about that. I get them from scratching even bug bites. However, something has given you a bit of an allergy to start with......

LouiseC1896
03-11-18, 15:38
Thanks for the reply’s. don’t think anything has touched it, just breathed it in. I’m really trying to stay rational but I keep freaking out, I have two bruises on my leg, one is quite big and had one on my back which has gone. Also, my son had a rash on his thighs, and a bit on his back, but can’t think of what we have eaten of been near only the glass fibre. Could it be a viral infection?