PDA

View Full Version : Spinal tumour fear

AlwaysAfraid11
01-11-18, 21:23
Oh boy.
So I visit this site a lot, but don’t post much. I take tidbits of advice from all over and try to practise them in my day to day life.
My HA has been better recently, I saw a cardiologist, passed the tests with flying colours and put my heart panic to a rest.

I had some peace between then and now, but now I have such a fear of spinal cancer (or MS).

I do work a rather physical job and about 6-months ago I got this tingling back pain. It’s more annoying than painful, but it wasn’t consistent enough for me to worry.

Today it started again and I decided to check out what it could be on google to see if I should see a doctor. Well, the first thing that came up was spinal cancer so I read about that and have totally freaked myself into a panic attack that this is why my back is tingling.
The secondary ailment google came up with was MS, and though my mind did entertain that thought briefly the spinal cancer fear took over entirely.

Obviously I’m gonna see my GP, but it takes about a week to get in, so alas here I am.

Anyone else with tingly back or went through and survived the spinal cancer anxiety attack?

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Its mostly tingly in the same spot mid back, it will sometimes radiate into my butt, but for the most part it’s pretty central to one spot. My hip has also been achey (which I’ve been attributing to an ovarian cyst, though now I’m not sure).

lofwyr
01-11-18, 21:38
I know a guy who died from cancer, a cancer which as it progressed ate into his spine. Trust me, it wasn't a little tingling. He was in so much pain he eventually saved enough morphine tablets to end his own life (this was back in the early 80s when such things were a bit easier).

Sounds like a pinched nerve to me. You basically described my back from 1991 to about 2010 or so.

AlwaysAfraid11
01-11-18, 21:42
I know a guy who died from cancer, a cancer which as it progressed ate into his spine. Trust me, it wasn't a little tingling. He was in so much pain he eventually saved enough morphine tablets to end his own life (this was back in the early 80s when such things were a bit easier).

Sounds like a pinched nerve to me. You basically described my back from 1991 to about 2010 or so.

I had a good friend who died on my 19th birthday from a cancer that spread into his spine. When it started it started for him as back pain, nothing major. At the end he was in a wheelchair, couldn’t even move his arms.
Truly awful to watch.