PDA

View Full Version : Numb/tingling sensation

Smurphette
02-11-18, 02:07
Really struggling tonight. Usually my anxiety symptoms are chest pain, dizziness, heat intolerance and a tremor. Tonight I have a numb/weak/tingling sensation in my right leg, arm, right side of face and tongue. As always, just looking for a bit of reassurance and info if anyone else has experienced this? Because of course straight away my mind is screaming stroke and ms. But realisticslly, I wouldn't be typing this if it was a stroke. Just feeling very worried!

venusbluejeans
02-11-18, 11:34
you sound like you know that whar you are feeling are just other anxiety symptoms....... anxiety is an arse and makes you feel allsorts... keep using that logic you seem to have :)

Smurphette
02-11-18, 12:21
I'm more sure than not that they are. It's just that I've never experienced it before with my anxiety. Yeah, anxiety is a horrible, horrible thing!

Blueclaire
02-11-18, 13:14
Hi - I have just posted something similar. I feel like I have no blood flow going to my stomach and legs and they are very cold and tingling. Am really stressed out and keep telling myself it is me causing this as everything stops when I go to bed. When I wake up in night all sensations have disappeared.

lofwyr
02-11-18, 13:48
I still get new anxiety symptoms I have never gotten before, and I am now 30 years into dealing with it. I know now pretty well how to recognize it as just anxiety and let it go.

Smurphette
02-11-18, 15:28
It's the knowing when to recognise what is anxiety and what is not that I'm struggling with! It's so debilitating :(

Mandyhieronimus
02-11-18, 16:10
I actually get all of this when I’m starting to get a migraine. No matter how many times it happens, it’s always unnerving. I’m sure it’s probably anxiety but it’s always best to err on the side of caution if it goes on for very long.