PDA

View Full Version : Convinced i have a brain tumour

Sampowell542
29-10-18, 16:02
From about mid day today Ive had this fogginess, tense feeling in my head. I wouldnt say its dizziness, or a tension headache. I just feel off, like my head isnt quite on my body. Even though all this worrying has started to give me a headache. Or is it?? Ive gotten into the habit (stupidly) of checking my heart rate when im panicking. Its around 99 bpm, which is making me stress more.

This cant just be anxiety can it??

superworried
29-10-18, 19:09
Classic anxiety symptom and one I've had many a time.

WorryRaptor
29-10-18, 20:34
Is it like a slight pressure in your head that makes you ever so slightly 'off' ? Ive had this a lot and it can totally come from anxiety. You might be subconciously keeping your shoulder and back muscles tense and thats causing a tension type headache and a dizzy like sensation with fogginess. The raised heartrate can just be from anxiety too. A normal heart rate is 60 to 100bpm so youre in the normal range, even while panicking :) Mine goes up to 120 when Im really anxious.

Sampowell542
02-11-18, 08:06
The last couple of days Ive been feeling a little off balance. Its not like a spinny type of dizziness but as if im slightly swaying. Im sure if my nose feels a little tight/full. Everytime i bend over or kneel on the floor I feel like im on a boat. I seem to be ok whem distracted. I was in work last night ans only had a dizzy spell when i thought of it. But ive woken up today feeling off and Im 100% convinced its a tumour.

Worriedwellornot
02-11-18, 14:42
Hi I’ve had this for last 2 months and had an MRI yesterday. Sending you hugs

Elen
02-11-18, 15:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Sampowell542
02-11-18, 16:23
All day my ear has been popping like crazy and i have pressure around my nose. This is giving me confidence that ive probably got a sinus infection or ear issue going on. Its gotten extremely cold this week - which ia why this has probably started. Just need to take a step back and calm down.

jray23
02-11-18, 17:48
Yes, anxiety and/or sinus and ear issues can cause these unsettling symptoms and they are far FAR more likely than brain tumors!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sampowell542
05-11-18, 19:33
Cant shake the feeling its something more. I cant get to the doctors till next week, and its killing me inside. I read that if it was my sinuses it would feel worse when i bend forward. It doesnt though, im not thinking straight. Ill be fine when I'm in bed or just sitting on the couch but the moment i think oh great I feel fine Im dizzy again. I can walk fine, if i look down it feels like I'm walking on a boat. And i have pressure, not so much pain behind my eyes and i think my nose. I really cant control this anymore.

Girl18
05-11-18, 19:43
Sounds like anxiety to me. Do you have allergies? When I get seasonal allergies my brain is foggy.

Sampowell542
05-11-18, 20:12
I really do hope so. No allergies but it has gotten extremely cold these last 2 weeks, so maybe thats a contribution. I also had an eye test about 2-3 months ago, and she said the back of my eyes are perfectly healthy? Thats surely a good sign?

Fishmanpa
05-11-18, 20:46
Sorry to see you're struggling so much lately :weep: I hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Sampowell542
05-11-18, 20:53
Sorry to see you're struggling so much lately :weep: I hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Thank you xx I normally can control my anxiety pretty well, but this Im truely struggling with xx

Girl18
05-11-18, 21:20
Thank you xx I normally can control my anxiety pretty well, but this Im truely struggling with xx

I hope you feel better :hugs:

jray23
06-11-18, 01:45
This is 100% either anxiety, sinus, or ears. I promise as I feel similar symptoms often and have been completely cleared of anything threatening, and every diagnosis I ever had was one of those three.

Being off balance will make you anxious, especially people like us who have a history of it, even if it's been mostly under control lately. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Sampowell542
06-11-18, 09:43
Thank you all so much. I know deep down its probably my ears/sinuses as my ears are aching and sore, and all around my eyes and nose is a little sore too. Obviously dr Google told me other wise and now I cant shift it out my head. In fine when in a bath but the moment I start walking around Im constantly checking if I feel dizzy - which in turn - is making me dizzy. What a horrible vicious cycle I've got myself in

Sampowell542
10-11-18, 12:42
So thankfully the dizziness I was experiencing has gone! Now I feel like I've got blurred vision! I had my eyes tested about 3 months ago and was prescribed glasses. It was fab! I didn't realise how bad my eyesight actually was until I put the glasses on! But yesterday I was walking to pick my son up from school and couldn't read the reg of a car in front of me, not overly close but it was blurry which started to get me panicking. Now I'm obsessing over it! Checking constantly if things are blurry. I don't even know if it's actually normal!

Sampowell542
13-11-18, 05:26
Is it normal to wake up with a headache? Feels like a tension headache, just so worried! Had been doing grest the last couple of days!

Sampowell542
26-02-19, 20:42
So I'm back at my brain tumour fear again. I haven't ate or drank properly today - so have a headache. Which is then spiralled into me thinking I've got a brain tumour. I know I'm being absolutely ridiculous here because clearly my headache is because I haven't ate!
I still have my dizziness. I get every now and again. If I'm distracted at work or with my kids I dont have it. I had a bout of it the other day while out. It comes and goes, I dont have it 24/7. So this a good sign right? Could it just be anxiety playing up? Tense neck and back muscles? I'm at my wits end with thinking I have every tumour going right now and just want to live a happy, anxiety free life.

jray23
27-02-19, 02:32
If I'm distracted at work or with my kids I dont have it.

You can't distract yourself from a tumor, so you have your answer here.

Andy699
27-02-19, 03:17
Yeah I had this today, almost sounds like a bit of depersonalisation

Nicole0134
01-03-19, 11:16
Sounds like what I have had for the last month also. Tight pressure feeling in my head, a bit of dizziness (feels like I have had a drink!). Lots of neck pain so I'm assuming it's all linked.....but have also jumped to brain issue too. HA giving me a kicking I suspect.