PDA

View Full Version : skin patch on my calf

elvenia
03-11-18, 13:28
so, this has been a thing for like a month and a bit now...

I have this patch maybe around the size of a 2p piece on the side of my lower leg. It changes, but doesn't grow in size. Sometimes it's red and raised, sometimes it's flat and shiny and looks as if it's fading away. Then it flares up again for whatever reason.

It got really frigging itchy one night, but that's not a regular thing.
I went and saw a chemist and he said "it seems pretty symmetrical to me so I'm not really very worried" and gave me a cream for it, said if it doesn't heal within 2 weeks to see my gp.

And at first I thought it was going away. The cream definitely helps, but it is still there and the longer it is there the more worried I get.
I had another weird patch like it on my kneecap but it went away eventually.

I guess what I am asking is.. does anyone know if skin cancer acts in this way? Does the fact it keeps fading and then flaring mean it is just psoriasis or something?
I will see my gp as soon as I can but til then, if you could give me any clarity on this it would be greatly appreciated and ease my worry til my appointment. Thanks

Nameuser
04-11-18, 10:10
Try not to worry, all signs point towards a benign skin condition! When you visit the gp I’m sure they will reassure you and put your mind at rest :) hang in there!

LF87
05-11-18, 08:42
Sounds like ringworm! I think I have the same on my arm right now been there ages, faded red and a bit itchy. My boyfriend goes to a wrestling gym and they're always spreading it around, highly contagious and gross I know. Do you swim /gym?

elvenia
06-11-18, 00:57
Try not to worry, all signs point towards a benign skin condition! When you visit the gp I’m sure they will reassure you and put your mind at rest :) hang in there!

here's hoping! It probably is tbh I'm just a bit of a worrier at times

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Sounds like ringworm! I think I have the same on my arm right now been there ages, faded red and a bit itchy. My boyfriend goes to a wrestling gym and they're always spreading it around, highly contagious and gross I know. Do you swim /gym?

I go to yoga but that's about it. If it was ringworm the cream prob would have sorted it out, that and it hasn't really spread apart from the one patch I had on my knee first

Quack
08-11-18, 20:36
If it is ringworm (and from your description it sounds like it very well could be), only a fungal cream will get rid of it - and will very quickly.