PDA

View Full Version : New anxiety............

HullSimplibus
03-11-18, 14:33
Well, I think I have fractured my sternum/ribs/damaged my spine.

Its actually quite funny looking back on it. This is the second injury I have got while playing sport, this time I slipped on to my bum on mud, full force.

I heard a lot of pops and cracks - my bum/back isn't really hurting me. Its my chest. It doesn't hurt to move my arms but it now hurts to run, so obviously I have stopped playing now.

My chest is numb and tingling on the skin, my head hurts and I have been left winded by it, and can't help but be worried I have a spine injury which will paralyze me, sternum/rib injury which will pierce my lungs/heart or have concussion or internal bleeding. I don't know what do do.

Fishmanpa
03-11-18, 15:13
I can't imagine this could happen based on what you said and I don't expect to see you in the Daily Mail so.... :shrug:

Mandyhieronimus
05-11-18, 04:14
It could be costochondritis which is harmless, but happens from trauma, sickness, or stress even. It’s an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the sternum. I was prescribed ibuprofen for mine and it helped tremendously, although it still isn’t gone after almost a year.

Carys
05-11-18, 09:45
I replied to your fairly recent thread entitled 'irrational phobia of death'. However, you didn't return and say anything on it, or acknowledge the post.

pulisa
05-11-18, 13:34
I don't think the OP replies to much on here, Carys.

Carys
06-11-18, 12:28
Yep, I've found a number of posts I made in response to pleas for help....which are also not replied to. OK.

HullSimplibus
06-11-18, 22:10
I'm sorry

I feel guilty and bad about myself :(

Carys
06-11-18, 22:12
Its ok.......you now know.....and I'm sorry for being rather harsh too. I just had a string of people not returning to posts. :weep: lets start afresh ey?

HullSimplibus
06-11-18, 22:23
Its ok.......you now know.....and I'm sorry for being rather harsh too. I just had a string of people not returning to posts. :weep: lets start afresh ey?

Its ok. I am sorry I did not reply too. Yeah, new page the better :hugs:

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

It could be costochondritis which is harmless, but happens from trauma, sickness, or stress even. It’s an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the sternum. I was prescribed ibuprofen for mine and it helped tremendously, although it still isn’t gone after almost a year.

Oh.

I don't think it is that because my symptoms have gone. I'm worrying too much again .. :lac: