PDA

View Full Version : Gross Question about IBS... Need Help, Sorry...

LockedShut
25-08-07, 09:54
My doctor says I suffer from gastritis and my mum suggested maybe it was IBS. I've been feeling terrible for a while now. I've been looking up IBS on this site, but I got a bit confused (I am tired and poorly at the moment, so I'm allowed to be an idiot).

One phrase keeps getting repeated

- passage of mucus

Could someone tell me what that means...? PM me is it's really disgusting!
Thanks a lot
xo

PaulaRubyLove
25-08-07, 10:41
I think it would mean like, pooping out mucus.
I don't have IBS, but I had that as a side effect of some antidepressants.
Sorry if that's wrong, or too much info LOL.:shrug:

Gabby
25-08-07, 10:42
ok it is gross but it means that when u poo u can get some goo with it. best way to describe it is like clear/white bogies i guess!

sorry if im grossing anyone out!

IBS can be loads of various symptoms tho - if u dont get the mucus u can still have IBS. eg i tend to get very bad trapped wind, really painful and veer between constipation and diarrhoea but dont really have probs with the rest of the symptoms

Please remember to try not to self-diagnose! See a doctor or youll end up thinking u have all kinds of lurgy!

hope that helps!

G x

LockedShut
25-08-07, 14:30
I see... well, I don't really get that.
Best way to describe it, and sorry if it puts you off your breakfast, but I get something that looks like marmalade...

PaulaRubyLove
25-08-07, 23:00
Well I guess mucus could look like marmalade, depending on the colour and texture and stuff...
It won't put me off my breakfast lol, I have a lot of pets, so poop and stuff really doesn't gross me out much anymore.

darkangel
26-08-07, 16:50
Hi
Ive recently been diagnosed with IBS but dont get any of the mucus stuff you are talking about. Ive to take Colofac tablets 3 x a day and it seems to help ease the pain.

Best bet is to go and talk it over with your GP.

Luv Darkangel :flowers: