PDA

View Full Version : Trying My Best To Keep It In

SEANML
04-11-18, 14:39
Well I have had a great year with little to no insane break downs lol. BUT the demon is back and it may lead to spending alot of money.

My landlord (I live in a basement) just brought down his gas pressure washer/garden chems and such/round up and I made sure they were closed but am freaking out. There just in the room next to me, I closed the door but you know.

I want to buy a super air purifier loll. Ive kept my sanity for a week just saying that this really wont kill me blah blah blah.

Any thoughts ?
Are they real fears or is this toxic death just a figment of my crazy brain?

Fishmanpa
04-11-18, 22:23
What do you think I would say? :winks:

Positive thoughts

SEANML
05-11-18, 00:19
You would tell me what you lived through :) I guess all this "round up" cancer news got me nervous when I saw it in the other room.
My jaw just dropped lol.

Fishmanpa
05-11-18, 01:51
You already know what I went through but you have to use some common sense. I know there's a lot of news out there about Round Up but it's not like you're using it or several gallons were spilled in your apartment. And, it's in sealed containers in a different room. Heck, I have a spray bottle of it under the sink in the kitchen :shades:

Positive thoughts

SEANML
05-11-18, 10:05
Fish you are always there as a great help to me. You are really preventing another break down :) I just get so concerned sometimes of these things.

Carys
05-11-18, 10:14
Well, I never knew there was some issue with roundup...is in the US news? I have a large spray bottle out permanently in the utility room (not even UNDER a sink lol) and another huge one in greenhouse. I have fun about twice a week spot spraying the drive, and have for decades so I guess I've breathed a fair amount in and been in contact with it, as I know often its over my hands.

Its in another room, with a closed door? Its in a sealed container, right? Absolutely no issue at all. People in garden centres, DIY stores and the like are surrounded by hundreds of such containers day in and out. They don't seem to be dropping like flies? :winks:

StephA
05-11-18, 19:17
All the stuff on those commercials about Roundup is BS! Both my husband and brother have three degrees each in Agriculture weed science. The store bought Roundup is made up of mostly water. Ag chemicals aren’t something you want to drink out of the bottle, but if you use them correctly at the correct rates, and use correct safety precautions then you don’t need to worry. I have a friend who is an excellent lawyer and he said those adds are for ambulance chasing lawyers trying to get money. Those are his words, so take it for what it’s worth. Those farm chemicals undergo STRICT testing before they can even be available for farmers to use on the farm, and those who use the store bought stuff. Don’t believe everything you hear in the media!

SEANML
06-11-18, 00:00
Thank you everyone, I am nearing the end of this near meltdown. You have all prevented... well a catastrophe lol.
I have been enjoying the relief of little to no health anxiety after going on a few years of loosing absolute control.