PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Explain What "Extreme" Hunger and Thirst Feels Like for Diabetics?

Hypomania
04-11-18, 16:05
Hey everyone, I know that this isn't a place for diagnosis, but I was wondering if anyone knows what "extreme" hunger/thirst is supposed to feel like if you have diabetes?

Lately I've been stressed about a lot of things, particularly a liver/pancreatic cancer fear, and I've read that sudden onset type 2 diabetes is a symptom of pancan.

Lately my urination has been a little frequent (anxiety), but I don't feel thirstier than normal, in fact, I honestly get through most days without drinking much at all and never feel dehydrated.

I'm a little concerned about the hungry feelings though, like the instance that had me concerned about this symptom was after a very large meal and a dessert, I was feeling very full for a few hours, and it made me feel bloated etc. But that full feeling was gone after about 3 hours or so. Usually a meal that size would have me feeling full well into the night... but instead it passed, and I didn't necessarily feel like I needed to eat more, but I think I could have.

A few days later I didnt feel super hungry between meals, but I definitely could have eaten more. And for breakfast this morning I just had a bowl of dry cereal, and certainly still felt hungry afterwards.

Is this simply me just being anxious and not being able to discern between normal/abnormal levels of hunger? I'm now even confused if what I feel is really hunger,or if my gut is just tense with anxiety... because now I'm even anxious to eat, because I'm worried it won't satisfy me.

So, is "extreme" hunger pretty self explanatory? And would it need to be combined with other symptoms like frequent urination and dehydration to be concerning? are these symptoms with diabetics unmistakable?

Fishmanpa
04-11-18, 16:17
Is this simply me just being anxious?

Based on your post and that you're associating normal bodily feelings with an illness, absolutely, it's you being anxious.

Positive thoughts

TheGroundhog
04-11-18, 18:06
My friends mum was diagnosed with late onset type one diabetes, three days before she went into a diabetic coma and was rushed to hospital (leading to her diagnosis) she was so thirsty she got off a bus at a stop prior to hers, bought 2 X 2 litre bottles of diet coke and drank them both on the pavement outside the shop.

So that kind of thirst. I think you're fine.