PDA

View Full Version : Not a question, just wanting to add some encouragement for the day.

Mandyhieronimus
05-11-18, 18:53
After reading the sticky note at the top of the page “Dr Google will see you now” I laughed because it’s so me! In the last week I’ve been to the ER twice. Once because I thought my arm pain and lightheadedness was a heart attack, and the second time I thought I had numb chin syndrome. I would like to say that’s the first time I’ve thought something major was wrong with me, but NOPE! Not even close. Since my HA started about 5 years ago, I’ve thought I’ve had two blood clots, bone cancer, a phantom pregnancy, colon cancer, breast cancer, polycystic ovaries, IBC breast cancer, heart attack, brain tumor, numb chin syndrome, thought I was septic, need I go on??? Because I honestly could. For days! 😳 All because of some symptom I’ve looked up on the internet that led me down the path of no return.

I’ve been told by every doctor I’ve ever been to, plus the one I worked as a medical assistant for, to stay away from Google. But I just can’t help myself. I feel like something in me just never wants to be happy. It makes me feel crazy.

The last two days have been pretty good for me because I’m a very religious person, and once more (for about the thousandth time) I’ve brought my fear and worry to God. I pray that I don’t take them back again. Because it’s a heavy burden to bear on your own. I’ve about driven my family nuts with my HA so I try not to mention any of my health issues to them. If you’re like me, your family is sick of hearing about your disease of the week, and you feel alone, I would love for you to know this. You’re not. And I will say a prayer for each and every one of you who suffer with HA. I pray that the Lord comforts you today.

TheGroundhog
05-11-18, 22:28
What a lovely post, I found your words comforting at the end of a very long, quite difficult day. Thank you.

Nameuser
05-11-18, 22:46
Thank you so much for this. You have no idea how meaningful this is and how much I appreciate it. It’s so wonderful to know there are kind people like you in the world! I pray the lord comforts you as well

Mandyhieronimus
06-11-18, 04:18
I know all too well how fear can cripple you. After the horrible week I had last week, I’m thankful to be able to say that I had a wonderful day today. The Lord has revealed himself to me through reading his word and songs I’ve heard throughout the day so I want to share the hope that it’s brought to me. I pray that he does the same for both of you.