PDA

View Full Version : Is it IBS?

Lexus
06-11-18, 00:43
Hey all,
Did so good all year about my health anxiety until I got strep throat about a month ago..
Was put on antibiotics and took some probiotics as well halfway through and a week or so after.
Well as soon as I was done on the antibiotics, I started getting some stitch like cramps in my right abdomen between the bottom of my ribs and hip. Also can feel it in my back in the same spot it's in on the front. Sometimes it just feels like an ache and if I'm moving too much, it feels more like a stitch, and sometimes I dont feel it at all.
It doesnt seem to be relieved by bowel movements and I've been trying to relate it to diet but seems kind of random. It's been going on (and off) for about 3 weeks.
I did have a lot of gas and tummy troubles the first week so I put it down to that but its continuing after everything else has calmed down.
Here's the part I find odd, if I press in on the area that hurts, I can feel a hard spot. I think it's my intestines I'm feeling but they usually arent hard. And now when i feel the ache or stitch, it's hard. It stays that way for usually a day or so then goes away and comes back. Is it a spasm? Blockage? Trapped gas?
I went to my doctor last week (unrelated to this) but asked about it anyway and she did a urine test for kidneys and it came back fine and she didnt look into it any further.
Should I go back? Has anyone felt anything similar?
My anxiety has been calming down so I figured all my symptoms would too but this one hasnt.
And I quit taking probiotics about a week ago, was worried they were somehow contributing.

Lexus
06-11-18, 11:34
Nobody? Ugh, worried I should be getting checked out..

cvab
06-11-18, 11:46
I dont think there's any harm in getting it checked but I also get pain around that area from anxiety.
Upset belly area is one of the most common anxiety issues.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lexus
06-11-18, 11:50
But why would I physically feel my intestines being hard in one area? It comes and goes so I'm worried by the time I get into the doctor, it wont be there and I'll look crazy (like last time).
I know anxiety causes tummy troubles and pain around that area but I was just hoping someone has dealt with the same thing so I dont feel so alone. Mostly hoping someone may have insight on what it could be so I can find a way to make it stop or at least reduce it.

cvab
06-11-18, 11:58
Do you have hard stool. Prehaps it's just sitting in the gut longer then it should.
Prehaps trying fiber of some kind until you can figure out a solution

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lexus
06-11-18, 12:31
They were softer at the beginning of all of this and now they seem to be normal consistency although at times I feel like not enough comes out. Sorry, tmi.
I eat a good bit of fiber and I'm almost worried that that is what's causing it. I just dont know :(
Only thing keeping me calm is that it isnt severe pain but it's still pretty bothersome. More worried about the bulged feel of my intestines and why it keeps coming back.