PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get itching like this? Lymphoma fear

Dimdim101
06-11-18, 12:30
Hi, just 2 days ago I was sitting on the computer in the middle of the day and noticed my scalp was itchy. Then my arm. Then my leg etc etc. I just felt like a surface itch was jumping around my body, and was more common if e.g. clothing brushed against my body. I thought this was hypersensitivity from anxiety, but then i started googling... regrets :(

It went away after maybe 40 min because I focussed on my work, and then I completely forgot about it until now. I was just in bed and it started out of nowhere. Same kind of symptoms, this itch jumping around my body. I also developed eczema around my eyes and on my hand maybe 5 months ago and am suddenly worried this could be part of the lymphoma (as I read these rashes can be misdiagnosed as eczema), although looking at images the lymphoma rash looks very different.

Anyway, I don't notice any lumps or other symptoms, but I am still very worried. It's getting quite hot where I live at the moment so could be heat related, although it was much hotter last week and I had none of this. It feels like it literally happened out of nowhere both times. Anyone had something similar? Would lymphoma itches be more persistent?

*To give a sense of the feeling...it kind of feels like if you just shave your legs, and then cover them in moisturiser (for me anyway, I get a prickly kind of itch feeling on my legs when I do that). Anyway, it's like that, but jumps around small areas of my body

Fishmanpa
06-11-18, 16:14
It went away after maybe 40 min because I focussed on my work, and then I completely forgot about it until now.

We all get itches. It's part of being human. The above statement illustrates that it's a psychological thing, not a physical one. It started again when you were in bed alone with your thoughts :whistles:

Positive thoughts