PDA

View Full Version : Frightened I will suddenly go blind

HullSimplibus
06-11-18, 21:36
It just came over me - I didn't google any medical conditions or even think about it. I am frightened I will be just walking along one day and everything will go black or I will go to bed one night and wake up blind.

Carys
06-11-18, 21:43
Why do you keep coming on, writing a new thread for your fears, and then never return to your threads? People reply to you, kindly taking their time, and you never go back and look at those replies. Just a thought, maybe go back and review them.

HullSimplibus
06-11-18, 21:53
Why do you keep coming on, writing a new thread for your fears, and then never return to your threads? People reply to you, kindly taking their time, and you never go back and look at those replies. Just a thought, maybe go back and review them.

Sorry.....I didn't know

Fishmanpa
06-11-18, 22:02
You're a child at what? 14? Have you spoken to your parents about your fears? Do they know you're posting on an anxiety website?

Positive thoughts

Carys
06-11-18, 22:05
OK, didn't know you were very young. You are having a lot of daily, very different fears and anxieties. I replied to you on the 'fear of death' thread you started, and since then you have had many other things that are clearly playing on your mind. Maybe time to get some help? Someone at school in charge of welfare, if you don't want to mention it to parents? We can try and talk to you and guide you in that if you'd like..... :o)

HullSimplibus
06-11-18, 22:17
OK, didn't know you were very young. You are having a lot of daily, very different fears and anxieties. I replied to you on the 'fear of death' thread you started, and since then you have had many other things that are clearly playing on your mind. Maybe time to get some help? Someone at school in charge of welfare, if you don't want to mention it to parents?

I have been taken out of school again because of the anxiety..Walking to school was like a challenge almost ..

I seem to lose track of everything. So many new fears, I post so much on here I end up losing track of that too. I lose track of time. I even forgot my name for a brief few seconds because there was so many thoughts blocking it out. My parents have already contacted a counselor and I am on the waiting list.

Fishmanpa
06-11-18, 22:19
I have been taken out of school again because of the anxiety..Walking to school was like a challenge almost ..

I seem to lose track of everything. So many new fears, I post so much on here I end up losing track of that too. I lose track of time. I even forgot my name for a brief few seconds because there was so many thoughts blocking it out. My parents have already contacted a counselor and I am on the waiting list.

Good to hear help is pending. Do your parents know you're posting here? I really think they should!

Positive thoughts

Carys
06-11-18, 22:23
Hiyer again,

I'm so so sorry you are struggling, and I now understand why you are losing track of things on here if you feel so confused in real life. Its good to hear that your parents are sorting out some help for you as it is sad to see that you are so scared. It sounds like you are in very good hands with your parents. Lets hope the wait isn't too long for some help.

If you go to your profile you can view your recent threads started - maybe some replies are helpful to you ?

HullSimplibus
06-11-18, 22:33
Good to hear help is pending. Do your parents know you're posting here? I really think they should!

Positive thoughts

I have told them that I post on a forum, and they said to me that its not a bad thing and obviously the common things like don't give your address, name or personal information away e.t.c.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Hiyer again,

I'm so so sorry you are struggling, and I now understand why you are losing track of things on here if you feel so confused in real life. Its good to hear that your parents are sorting out some help for you as it is sad to see that you are so scared. It sounds like you are in very good hands with your parents. Lets hope the wait isn't too long for some help.

If you go to your profile you can view your recent threads started - maybe some replies are helpful to you ?

Thank you for understanding.

Hopefully the waiting list isn't long, I have been waiting 18 months before ..

The only thing is though..When you feel constantly depressed, anxious and worried about even small things, one day feels like a week. Sometimes I am afraid I will go crazy before I can get any help. With memory loss, constant tiredness and frequent panic attacks I find myself worrying that I am going crazy.

Even so, its worth the wait, I suppose. Better to get help at some point than never at all.

Fishmanpa
06-11-18, 22:34
I have told them that I post on a forum, and they said to me that its not a bad thing and obviously the common things like don't give your address, name or personal information away e.t.c.

Ahhh... I see... So they don't understand HA/anxiety and that reassurance seeking is detrimental to recovery. Perhaps showing them (and your therapist when you get one) your post history would help show them the severity of your suffering.

Positive thoughts

HullSimplibus
06-11-18, 22:46
Ahhh... I see... So they don't understand HA/anxiety and that reassurance seeking is detrimental to recovery. Perhaps showing them (and your therapist when you get one) your post history would help show them the severity of your suffering.

Positive thoughts

That is a good idea, for the simple reason being I have tried to get help from multiple places before, until we got a call one day, and when my mum picked it up they explained how they was taking us off the list, because there 'is more severe cases to deal with'.

It has always been a small fear since. Almost afraid that they will say I am not suffering enough.

Carys
07-11-18, 09:38
Ahhh... I see... So they don't understand HA/anxiety and that reassurance seeking is detrimental to recovery. Perhaps showing them (and your therapist when you get one) your post history would help show them the severity of your suffering. Hull isn't in recovery yet, nor in treatment, so if parents are 'happy' and he is finding it a way to off-load thoughts on here,at this point in time, when waiting....then so be it. I think you are one amazing young person, as I don't know many who would have informed their parents of using anything at all online. Most don't ;o) You didn't have to let them know,but you did, so you must trust them.

We don't know it is just HA going on as a mental health disorder, a professional hasnt been seen yet.

Whilst you are waiting Hull, we are happy to chat ...

HullSimplibus
07-11-18, 12:03
Hull isn't in recovery yet, nor in treatment, so if parents are 'happy' and he is finding it a way to off-load thoughts on here,at this point in time, when waiting....then so be it. I think you are one amazing young person, as I don't know many who would have informed their parents of using anything at all online. Most don't ;o) You didn't have to let them know,but you did, so you must trust them.

We don't know it is just HA going on as a mental health disorder, a professional hasnt been seen yet.

Thank you Carys that makes me feel better :hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-18, 01:37
Hull isn't in recovery yet, nor in treatment, so if parents are 'happy' and he is finding it a way to off-load thoughts on here,at this point in time, when waiting....then so be it. I think you are one amazing young person, as I don't know many who would have informed their parents of using anything at all online. Most don't ;o) You didn't have to let them know,but you did, so you must trust them.

I agree with, Carys. Whilst reassurance is something to work on, when you are starting out it can be harder and we may have to do negative things just to keep us stable rather than face them all head on at once whilst we are barely getting through. Then later you can dismantle negative behaviours. Just like with avoidance, sometimes you have to get out of an environment that is causing so much stress you can't even try to work on recover.

Ideally it's for parents to help you but somethings can be too personal, or we think they may be, and some anonymity is useful. And parents don't get a manual on mental health, unless they go through it, educate themselves or have had training they just won't know much about it. I would encourage them to spend some time reading about anxiety so they can help you through this.

Good to hear you are awaiting therapy. That shows you are trying to change. It's just said it takes forever, especially since it's harder to access children's services than adults in NHS mental health care :doh: But perhaps some reading resources can help you do some work on your own for a bit or with the support of your parents? They can learn what they need to do at the same time.