PDA

View Full Version : Not believing doctors

tingalayo
07-11-18, 20:31
Hi, not looking for help as such, I just wanted to see if anyone can relate to this. I had a symptom last night that worried me sick, and in an attempt to stay off Google I have either seen or spoken to FIVE separate medical professionals, including 2 different GPs at my surgery, none of whom seemed worried by it or suggested I have any further investigations. Despite this, I find I do not believe them, based on one person on a forum who said "my sister had this and it was cancer", and an academic paper which suggested people with my symptom should have an ultrasound. I think I know deep down it's all silly but it's just so hard. I'm trying to clear my head by getting all my thoughts down on paper now. Anybody else been through the same sort of thing?

Fishmanpa
07-11-18, 20:38
That's HA 101...

Positive thoughts

Tiatyrah
07-11-18, 21:29
I have it with lymph nodes! Doctors been telling me it's fine to feel pea sized nodes, forum members have, even some sites say it's normal! But I just don't believe them when I'm in an anxiety moment. It's Google that messes up with your head, my head and many others. Stay away from it, you are fine :)

Mandyhieronimus
10-11-18, 18:58
I don’t care how much reassurance I get, my HA always has a way of making me feel like I’m not okay!
Hang in there! I’ll be praying for you!