PDA

View Full Version : Really scared now

Alice1990
07-11-18, 21:32
I have had a horrible week being really anxious over my latest fear. During this time I've also had a scratchy throat and cough. I now have a full blown cold, which I didn't think would be possible considering I only had one roughly 6 weeks ago. I do work with children but I've never got this sick so soon after already being ill.

So confused and worried at this point :weep:.

AMomentofClarity
07-11-18, 22:07
I have had a horrible week being really anxious over my latest fear. During this time I've also had a scratchy throat and cough. I now have a full blown cold, which I didn't think would be possible considering I only had one roughly 6 weeks ago. I do work with children but I've never got this sick so soon after already being ill.

So confused and worried at this point :weep:.

Why couldn’t you have 2 colds in 6 weeks?
This post makes no sense to me....

Fishmanpa
07-11-18, 22:14
Alice, it's apparent you're really in a a spiral as you've posted 4 separate irrational worries within the last week. Sorry you're having a tough time. Do you have a therapist or real life support you can call or contact?

Positive thoughts

Alice1990
07-11-18, 22:32
Why couldn’t you have 2 colds in 6 weeks?
This post makes no sense to me....

I've just never experienced another cold this close. Usually takes a good few months to half a year to have another viral type thing, for me. It just hasn't helped as I've already been worrying and not sleeping great so the last thing I wanted was another bug to add to the mix.

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Alice, it's apparent you're really in a a spiral as you've posted 4 separate irrational worries within the last week. Sorry you're having a tough time. Do you have a therapist or real life support you can call or contact?

Positive thoughts

Thank you for your reply and sympathy Fishmanpa. I have very recently started seeing a therapist for cbt. I'm hoping it can help once the ball gets rolling and I'm better physically!

AMomentofClarity
07-11-18, 22:49
I've just never experienced another cold this close. Usually takes a good few months to half a year to have another viral type thing, for me. It just hasn't helped as I've already been worrying and not sleeping great so the last thing I wanted was another bug to add to the mix.[COLOR="blue”

It happens. Just because it’s new for you doesn’t mean anything. I would try not to read too much into it

mark84
07-11-18, 23:01
It's possible to catch colds after each other, cold just is a word for an illness really, I'm not sure I'm quite right, but I think it's not incorrect to say that you could have more than one cold at once, too. It's bacterial infections(I think?) That you can't catch repeatedly, the anti bodies are still present in your body. If you feel immunity is low think about a good vitamin supplement, I always take zinc too.

Alice1990
07-11-18, 23:09
It happens. Just because it’s new for you doesn’t mean anything. I would try not to read too much into it

Thank you, I am trying not to but it is hard!

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

It's possible to catch colds after each other, cold just is a word for an illness really, I'm not sure I'm quite right, but I think it's not incorrect to say that you could have more than one cold at once, too. It's bacterial infections(I think?) That you can't catch repeatedly, the anti bodies are still present in your body. If you feel immunity is low think about a good vitamin supplement, I always take zinc too.

Thank you for your reply Mark. It's definitely different to the fold I had last time. More of a runny nose and with a cough this time so guessing it must be a different bug. I think I will need to try a supplement as I do suffer badly when I get a cold and never fail to get one . It's just having it so close to the last which has thrown me off this time.

Scass
07-11-18, 23:24
If you work with children you’ll know it’s virus season, my daughter has had something on and off for weeks.

If you’re run down you’re more likely to pick something up.

Lots of vitamin C & zinc. Warm drinks - particularly honey & lemon and rest. But don’t just lie around “resting” (feeling sorry for yourself).

Get well soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justus
08-11-18, 00:55
I only had one roughly 6 weeks ago. I do work with children but I've never got this sick so soon after already being ill.

Six weeks? Oh, you sweet summer child! We have young kids in two different schools, and we haven't been healthy in years! :D You'll be fine, this stuff happens.