PDA

View Full Version : Wheezing - Lung Cancer?

JAD71
08-11-18, 00:11
Over the last week I have noticed a bit of wheezing, when I breath in and out. It should be noted that I was diagnosed with asthma when I was 3, and it has always been incredibly mild, I wasn't even sure that I still had it. I have an inhaler which I used for the first time in over 2 years yesterday, which seemed to clear the wheezing, and it seems to go if I cough/clear my throat. But the anxious part of my brain has me worrying it could be lung cancer. I have never smoked anything in my life. my Dad was an ocassional smoker, and even then my Mother wouldn't let him smoke around me. I know though there are things in everyday life harmful for the lungs.

nomorepanic
08-11-18, 00:15
The chances of lung cancer are absolute minute.

Why can't it just be asthma?

ChocoOrange
08-11-18, 02:08
I've also got asthma, and mine's been worse this year in general. I think it can just do that tbh, have good years and bad years. Mine was also unnoticable for about four years before 2018.

Also, while I don't know for sure, I can't imagine an asthma enhaler would hold back the symptoms of lung cancer. I'm sure they're caused by different things, and I think one of the ways doctors diagnose asthma is by giving someone an enhaler to try and if it helps their symptoms, it's almost certainly asthma. I wouldn't worry mate, at worst just book yourself in with an asthma nurse at your local GP's, you'll even cop a free flu jab most likely.

Edit: Oh and whenever I have a wheeze, coughing or clearing my throat also clears mine up. It's definitely asthma I'd imagine, you seem like a carbon copy of me with it.

AMomentofClarity
08-11-18, 02:14
This is what, your 5th or 6th feat in the last week? It’s like healthy anxiety on steroids. I’d highly recommend getting urgent mental health treatment.