PDA

View Full Version : Worried about MS symptoms

hazelbritt
09-11-18, 07:17
I know this seems to be a common fear, but hear me out..

I had a panic attack last night about experiencing vibrating vision for the 3rd time in the last couple days. It freaked me out, even though at the time I didn't even know that vision problems were a symptom of MS.

I also didn't know that numbness and tingling were signs of MS. I have been experiencing this for about 6 months, maybe longer. I kept trying to put it out of my head, thinking that maybe it had to do with me being very overweight. What has been causing me concern though, is when my trunk feels numb or my face or recently my chest. Seemed odd to me, and when it has happened it caused me a lot of anxiety but I didn't google and didn't go to the doctor about it.

The worry that has been on my mind recently is muscle twitches. I've been getting them all over my body and they seem to have become more frequent.

So last night, after the weird vision thing, I succumbed and googled, and discovered that all of these things are signs of MS. I'm feeling extremely anxious and worried that this is what is going on with me. I think I am going to book an appointment with my doctor today but feeling so scared

jray23
09-11-18, 15:29
By all means do ask a doctor as the Internet can't diagnose you. But do know that all of those symptoms are also anxiety symptoms as well!

Also you did really well waiting for six months without googling any of that!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

hazelbritt
13-11-18, 18:52
I saw the doctor last Monday about the twitching. He wasn't concerned. I saw an eye doctor on Friday about the vision problems. Eyes and optic nerves are fine (the "vision problems" turned out to be a problem with my phone and the neighbours upstairs causing the light fixing to vibrate). I saw the doctor again yesterday about the numbness. He is still not concerned. But I feel like I am going crazy. My body feels weird and like it's not functioning properly. My legs feel heavy and stiff. Today my lower lip felt like it was buzzing. There is a slight tremor in my hands when I use my hands in certain ways. My face feels tingly and strange. I'm just completely focused in on all of my bodily sensations and everything is causing panic!

Fishmanpa
13-11-18, 19:06
You've been cleared medically several times and what you're describing anxiety symptoms. What are you doing to address your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Ruby777
13-11-18, 21:31
I’ve suffered from most of your symptoms for years now . Convinced myself I had all kinds of neurological diseases , went to see a neurologist, had MRIs and nerve tests , turn out it is all anxiety related. I think those of of who are really anxious put our nervous system in overdrive

jray23
13-11-18, 22:12
Anxiety will take whatever sensations we're regularly experiencing and ratchet them up a few notches more intense. Then we think about the symptoms more and pay more attention to them, making us even more anxious. It's a never ending spiral IF we don't lower our anxiety. If doctors are not worried about the symptoms then we shouldn't be either.

Try daily meditating, getting some exercise, etc, and get away from daily "checking up" on your symptoms if you can. I think you'll find they start to fade away.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk