PDA

View Full Version : Appendicitis?

HullSimplibus
09-11-18, 08:24
Around 46 hours ago, I started getting pain in my stomach, and now it is mainly in my bottom right-hand side. When I sit down, it doesn't hurt, but touching it or doing too much excercise (walking is fine) hurts. I haven't gone off my food or been sick, I just have had pains and slight diahrrea. The pain has not worsened and I well, I have been passing a lot of gas.

I am afraid I will get a burst appendix and blood poisoning. The worst part though, is that I am afraid to go to a doctor in case they send me to hospital and whip out my appendix when its not needed and afraid to not go in case it IS appendicitis.

mark84
09-11-18, 09:08
I'd say you can likely relax. Not being able to pass gas is a sign of appendicitis, also you'd probably have no appetite and feel very nauseous. Basically the three things you've listed seem to totally be the opposite.
Likely just a simple stomach upset :)

HullSimplibus
09-11-18, 10:06
I'd say you can likely relax. Not being able to pass gas is a sign of appendicitis, also you'd probably have no appetite and feel very nauseous. Basically the three things you've listed seem to totally be the opposite.
Likely just a simple stomach upset :)

I have started to feel a little nauseous.

I might go to a walk in centre to put my mind at rest.

Fishmanpa
09-11-18, 13:00
Appendicitis pain is severe, as in doubled over in pain severe along with nausea, vomiting and often a fever. Another key symptom is the inability to pass gas. You would know if it's been there for more than a day.

Certainly words on a screen won't reassure nor dissuade you but if you go to the walk in center, the "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

HullSimplibus
10-11-18, 07:26
Appendicitis pain is severe, as in doubled over in pain severe along with nausea, vomiting and often a fever. Another key symptom is the inability to pass gas. You would know if it's been there for more than a day.

Certainly words on a screen won't reassure nor dissuade you but if you go to the walk in center, the "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

Oh well - its been nearly 72 hours and the pain gets worse then better again. No doubled over pain or vomiting so far, and when the doctor touched my appendix area there was no shooting pains and when she took my temperature it was 36 degrees, around normal.

Think i'm happy again now :D

mark84
10-11-18, 07:53
Brilliant, glad to hear it!

HullSimplibus
10-11-18, 14:47
The pain has started again, and its pretty bad.

I think I might have to go to A&E if this carries on.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Oh well, the pain has settled down now, and my parents said there is no need to go to A&E because they also said i'd be bent over double and not able to walk.

I think i'll be ok, thanks for talking to me :D :hugs: