PDA

View Full Version : Been away , IT WAS NOT RELEAXING

mirry
26-08-07, 20:34
HI Peeps,

I went away with my husband for his 40th birthday and found it difficult panicking here and there. But tried to make the most of it and attended the gym every day and the pool.
On our last night we decided to go to bed at 10pm but at 1.10 am we were awoken by a FIRE ALARM:ohmy: , this is what happened........

ALARM GOES OFF ,sounds very loud and aggresive:shrug: .....

ME : omg its a fire alarm!
HUSBAND : whats that noise ?
ME: Its a fire alarm, get dressed quick.
HUSBAND: sounds like a bell ?
ME: yes its the fire alarm BELL get dressed quick and get out.
HUSBAND: where is the bell ?
ME: never mind wher the f_____G bell is ,get dressed !!!

So there we are at the top of a hotel worried were trapped in a fire so I open the hotel door to take a peep and see people running down the corridor with blankets wrapped around them running at full speed, so I think OMG cos it looked so serious:wacko: .
We run all the way down to the bottom of the hotel and I was so so so pleased to see the exit door :hugs: .
But in all this time I didnt panic ? Infact I was comforting some woman who was shaking all over cos she thought she was gonna die:shrug: .

Anyway after standing in the car park for 1 hour they announced there was no fire , it was all because someone had a ciggy in a no smoking hotel :mad:.

So much for a relaxing break :lac: .

Piglet
26-08-07, 22:19
Well done for not panicking hun and welcome home. :hugs:

Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
26-08-07, 22:36
Hi Mirry

Wow....WELL DONE YOU !!So pleased to hear you have been away:) ,You did so well coping with the fire alarm episode too !:yesyes: :yesyes: Im sure somethings these kind of episodes just occur to test us!lol:wacko:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Jaco45er
27-08-07, 09:25
Wow Mirry, mind you, at 1:10 am I would still be in the bar ;)

I am like that though Mirry, I get panicky when away on hol (pressure to relax, no routine etc) but I am cool under instant pressure.

I was in a car pile up a few years back when I had bad anxiety, my car ended up in a ditch and cars all over the place (no one seriously hurt thankfully). But I was one of the few people that was calm, turning off engines and calling the services. I was panicking that morning I remember, thinking I had a serious disease.

Well done :yesyes:

Jaco

happyone
27-08-07, 09:47
I am impressed hun!:yesyes:

way to go to with the old panic situations! well done!!!!!!
happyone
xx

mirry
27-08-07, 10:51
Jaco , so it was you :ohmy: , lol.

yes we seem to panic when theres nothing to panic about :wacko: , but I must admit I did think of that hotel that had recently burned down, it just all happened so fast.

mmmmmmm, may ask for a ground floor room next time :winks:

nanny
27-08-07, 11:18
HI Mirry
well done you:)

I think this gives substance to the theory that the Thought/Fear is worse than the event.
If someone had told you that MAY happen you would have panicked like hell, but because it happened on the spur of the moment like most things you coped. You didn't panic but ended up comfoting someone else.

BE PROUD OF YOURSELF :flowers: :flowers:

kazzie
27-08-07, 19:20
Well done on coping Mirry:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

Quirky
27-08-07, 21:55
Well done for coping so well Mirry :yesyes:

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the holiday :hugs:

Lisa x