PDA

View Full Version : You've gotta laugh.

BikerMatt
10-11-18, 15:02
My GP referred me to the psychiatry assessment and treatment team.

I got a letter today saying they'd received my referral 25/10/18, had a multi-disciplinary meeting 31/10/18 and discharged me back to the care of my GP 6/11/18, without even seeing me!!

Care plan, slap me on venlafaxine and propanolol on top of my mirtazapine!!!!!

I came off propranolol last year and seroxat 3 years ago. I really don't wan't to pump myself full of meds!!

I can't really talk to my GP, he's a bit of a t#a#. I can't really talk to my Partner, she would listen, but i don't wan't to burden her. I can't really talk to my Mum and Dad, they're 77 & 79.

Buster70
10-11-18, 15:47
Hold on Matt that's not funny , what's the punch line :roflmao: oh you're not joking , if you didn't bloody laugh your might start crying and never stop , hang in there matey .

Carys
10-11-18, 15:52
Thats GREEAAAATTTTTT, that must mean you are totally OK, right, they don't even need to see you? Oh...ok, maybe not....

How does that work then? Patients don't need to be seen at all anymore....well it'll cut waiting times.....:wacko:

Suziewuzie
10-11-18, 16:14
Crikey, it's scary isn't it? I work for the NHS so I know stuff like this happens but the idea of someone deciding your care without even meeting you - and then just sending you a letter to let you know what they've decided? You're right - it is laughable! I might try it with my patients who have chronic wounds - Hello Sir! I read that your leg is still a total mess, just try taking some paracetamol and we won't need to see you. Bye!
Seriously though, if you don't like your GP I really suggest changing, I know it's a faff but it's so important to have a GP you feel like you can talk to.

mark84
10-11-18, 16:20
Think about telling your partner mate, if she cares like she should then she'll will want to know.

BikerMatt
10-11-18, 19:04
Hold on Matt that's not funny , what's the punch line :roflmao: oh you're not joking , if you didn't bloody laugh your might start crying and never stop , hang in there matey .

Just yet another KICK in the teeth, to add to the list.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Thats GREEAAAATTTTTT, that must mean you are totally OK, right, they don't even need to see you? Oh...ok, maybe not....

How does that work then? Patients don't need to be seen at all anymore....well it'll cut waiting times.....:wacko:

Even got a diagnosis of GAD. VERY, VERY clever these day's. I managed to get to see the psychiatry team in 2015, it was done via my CBT therapist as i'd never had a proper med review in nearly 10 years, just slapped on propranolol after a 5 minute consultation, then because i was put on propranolol the CBT therapist discharged me as that was deemed a safety behaviour, so she wouldn't see me anymore.

Yep, it's a good way to cut waiting times!!! Typical of my NHS trust! My 77 year old Mum has a heart condition, her cardiologist referred her to the respritory clinic back in May as she's had a cough for well over a year. She got an appt for Sept, in Sept they cancelled it until Oct, in Oct they decided to refuse her referral full stop, WTF!! Even though her cardiologist wants her to see respritory. I would say this is pretty important as your cardiovascular and respritory system is all linked.

Same trust that a Dr looked my 16 year old Nephew in the eye and said "have you actually thought of just getting better" he was bleeding from his arse, was in pain plus much more. Turns out he has crohns and by the time he got diagnosed it was so bad, all he could have for 8 weeks was a special medical shake thing to cakm everything down!

Magic
10-11-18, 19:23
Got to change your Doctor for a start Matt. Truly awful. That is really shocking about your nephew and your Mums condition Isn't there a another Practice you could join?

Carnation
10-11-18, 20:18
Find yourself a friendly pharmacist Matt, you'll get a better response and available nearly every day!
I have no faith in GPS from my experience and I they make me feel like I am bothering them and when I had my assessment with a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with PTSD and GAD, she offered me a guaranteed recovery for a big ongoing fee. :ohmy:
I do think you should discuss with your o/h, I know she has her own worries, but she won't thank you for keeping stuff from her. You know what women are like? :)

pulisa
10-11-18, 20:41
Do you think that your Trust just doesn't accept GAD referrals, Matt? Not a reflection on your referral but just a general policy?

Or maybe that was your "assessment and treatment"? Discussed whilst downing tea and biscuits at the weekly sift out as much as you can meeting?

BikerMatt
10-11-18, 22:21
Think about telling your partner mate, if she cares like she should then she'll will want to know.

Hi Mark, my partner is very aware about my anxiety. She's been with me throughout the whole shitty journey. It's pretty much cost us everything, she's great and not once has she held it against me. I'm very, very lucky but i'm so down and just can't add this on top.

MRS STRESS ED
10-11-18, 22:30
hi Matt it really doesn't supprise me don't forget its a mental illness its not there people cant see it,oh lets fob him off with medication :doh:

as people have said get a new doctor Matt awful xx

best wishes Jude xx

BikerMatt
10-11-18, 23:30
Got to change your Doctor for a start Matt. Truly awful. That is really shocking about your nephew and your Mums condition Isn't there a another Practice you could join?

It's really hard to find a new GP surgery in my area. As you know i've been going round in circles with my pain. It's miserable living in pain and when i'm complaining of living in pain, i'm living in pain. It's def not my gallbladder, then it's coming out, now it's not. Re-referred back to the gastro and waiting 6 months at a time for everything, i'm exhausted. Popping out a hernia that hurts, registrar agreeing to repair it then changing their minds because apparently it doesn't hurt enough. I'm so wound up and ready to explode, it's not me.

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Do you think that your Trust just doesn't accept GAD referrals, Matt? Not a reflection on your referral but just a general policy?

Or maybe that was your "assessment and treatment"? Discussed whilst downing tea and biscuits at the weekly sift out as much as you can meeting?

I have no idea, probably tea and biscuits.

Contained in the letter was my assessment from 2015, so they've just used that.

It has three headings,
Diagnosis,
Risk statement,
Mental state examination,
This wound me up back in 2015 as it was all done in an appt that took minutes.

The mental state examination one got me. This is the exact words....
Matthew is a tall man of large build. He was dressed appropriately, he maintained good eye contact and developed a good rapport. His behaviour was nornal and i could not see any signs of anxiety. His speach was normal in tone, volume and coherent. Mood was subjectively and objectively euthymic. There was no evidence of psycotic features.

What a load of crap! So i'm fine because i can communicate and dress well etc.

I bet 99% of people on this forum could say that people could never tell or know how they're actually feeling.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Crikey, it's scary isn't it? I work for the NHS so I know stuff like this happens but the idea of someone deciding your care without even meeting you - and then just sending you a letter to let you know what they've decided? You're right - it is laughable! I might try it with my patients who have chronic wounds - Hello Sir! I read that your leg is still a total mess, just try taking some paracetamol and we won't need to see you. Bye!
Seriously though, if you don't like your GP I really suggest changing, I know it's a faff but it's so important to have a GP you feel like you can talk to.

Yep, it's a joke Suzie. All they've done is used and enclosed the assessment that i had in 2015 that lasted minutes.

I've been messed about something out of this world by the NHS for 2 years. This is just yet another kick in the teeth.

I can't sleep and when i do i'm not getting to sleep until 4 to 5am. I wake up in a panic and have to sit curled up in chair trying to calm down and chain smoke 10 fags. I have to pull it together or should i say not show it as i have a little one at home. Yet a decision on something i've been referred for can be made without seeing me and enclosing a copy of the letter after seeing them in 2015 from an appt that lasted minutes, JUST to pad it out.

Keep up the good work in your role within the NHS Suzie!!!! Four of my mates have been paramedics, two have now left due to the pressure and non-stop 12hr shifts. My ex SIL has been a nurse for 35 years and has had enough. The ambulance service in my area is always in the spotlight for not meeting targets/response times and on talking to my mates the reason is they spend hrs in A&E waiting to hand patients over. Total joke.

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-18, 02:36
Just yet another KICK in the teeth, to add to the list.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Even got a diagnosis of GAD. VERY, VERY clever these day's. I managed to get to see the psychiatry team in 2015, it was done via my CBT therapist as i'd never had a proper med review in nearly 10 years, just slapped on propranolol after a 5 minute consultation, then because i was put on propranolol the CBT therapist discharged me as that was deemed a safety behaviour, so she wouldn't see me anymore.

Yep, it's a good way to cut waiting times!!! Typical of my NHS trust! My 77 year old Mum has a heart condition, her cardiologist referred her to the respritory clinic back in May as she's had a cough for well over a year. She got an appt for Sept, in Sept they cancelled it until Oct, in Oct they decided to refuse her referral full stop, WTF!! Even though her cardiologist wants her to see respritory. I would say this is pretty important as your cardiovascular and respritory system is all linked.

Same trust that a Dr looked my 16 year old Nephew in the eye and said "have you actually thought of just getting better" he was bleeding from his arse, was in pain plus much more. Turns out he has crohns and by the time he got diagnosed it was so bad, all he could have for 8 weeks was a special medical shake thing to cakm everything down!

What a joke of a system. Trust the GP's questioning and make a decision. Well, that would be good if surgeons worked like that, wouldn't it? "Oops, sorry but it wasn't your liver after all but your GP did say it was so we've removed it". :doh:

Terrible surgery by the sounds of it.

And to that therapist I say :WTF: That was very clearly an excuse to dump you off their service. All anxiety sufferers have safety behaviours, it's as fundamental to the problem as being worried! :doh:

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 ----------

That's a good point. I remember that happened to lior when she was referred. On the local trust website it even said they won't treat anything other than x, y,z and won't touch anxiety & depression. I was really surprised. It was all about not having the resources so they very nicely decided we don't matter! :mad:

The GP may have been given the impression there was an actual assessment too when this is more like a case review meeting.

pulisa
11-11-18, 08:18
The assessment of what the person is wearing always angers me. Maybe we should go to psych appointments dressed as Hannibal Lector or Tarzan? Or maybe naked? It's such an important part of the "assessment" apparently as is tone of voice etc. Not all autistic people have poor eye contact/monosyllabic speech/echolalia-gross generalisations leave the psych open to flawed diagnoses or no diagnosis at all and a "return to sender" label. Mental health patients don't have a checklist to tick off by the medic and score out of 20..

I'm so sorry, Matt. I know how you must be feeling struggling physically and mentally through each and every day. You have to somehow find the strength to fight against this decision. I know it's another battle but maybe you could write it all down in a letter to the relevant department?

Phuzella
11-11-18, 09:58
Pulisa I was just thinking how ridiculous the "dressed appropriately" comment is.

pulisa
11-11-18, 13:50
Pulisa I was just thinking how ridiculous the "dressed appropriately" comment is.

It seems to be a criteria to measure mental health-standard practice. There is a man I see regularly walking around near our local community mental health centre who is always dressed in these garish outrageous suits-I reckon he gets these suits made to make the professionals take him seriously. One I saw him wearing was in white and patterned with drops of blood..It would be interesting to read his consultation notes..

Most fashion designers would be sectioned if it was down to relying on clothes for an accurate assessment of mental health.

BikerMatt
11-11-18, 15:05
Find yourself a friendly pharmacist Matt, you'll get a better response and available nearly every day!
I have no faith in GPS from my experience and I they make me feel like I am bothering them and when I had my assessment with a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with PTSD and GAD, she offered me a guaranteed recovery for a big ongoing fee. :ohmy:
I do think you should discuss with your o/h, I know she has her own worries, but she won't thank you for keeping stuff from her. You know what women are like? :)

I'm with you on that one Carnation, i also have very little to no faith in GP's. I honestly can't see what they really do to be deserving of such a high wage. 4 x more than paramedics and nurses, 2 x more than consultants and more than surgeons.

All the BULL of "well they train for 7 years" get's my back up! For what? to be the gatekeeper to your referrals but deal with sniffles and coughs for 99% of the time. So train for 7 years, then work for 10 to 15 years to become a millionaire, not bad eh?

Gotta love the NHS adverts like "have you had a cough for 3 weeks, go and see your GP" REALLY, what are they going to do? And more to the point, some areas can't get an appt to see a GP for weeks and weeks. Oh i better book an appt now just incase i get a cough or can see into the future. Then they are up in arms about GP surgeries being asked to be open 7 days a week. Nobody was asking them to work 7 days a week, just work out some sort of shift pattern so they could be open 7 days.

Try and sell you help for your MH on a private basis, Carnation. Just about sums it up. A little bit like NHS dentistry, do the bare minimum to keep your teeth going, but if you wan't them to look nice, pay ££££££'s private.

When my Partner saw her GP about her thyroid, she was given no reassurance at all. I/we know the GP couldn't exactly say what the problem will involve or tests needed etc, but nothing! Just ship you in and ship you out! Nothing like, "it's something i've seen a thousand times before, it's very common, i can't say for sure, but this is likely to happen" but nope, just nothing and handled with NO sensitivity AT ALL! She's at a different GP surgery to me and when her Mum was dying of kidney cancer and was coming to the end, this is the same GP that did a home visit and said to her Dad, directly in front of her Mum "yep she's only got day's left" the sensitivity of a sledgehammer!

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

hi Matt it really doesn't supprise me don't forget its a mental illness its not there people cant see it,oh lets fob him off with medication :doh:

best wishes Jude xx

Thanks Jude, MH'ers are bottom of the pile and a judgement is made on us in a matter of minutes or this time round though a judgenent has been made on........ nothing, nothing at all.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

What a joke of a system. Trust the GP's questioning and make a decision. Well, that would be good if surgeons worked like that, wouldn't it? "Oops, sorry but it wasn't your liver after all but your GP did say it was so we've removed it". :doh:

Terrible surgery by the sounds of it.

And to that therapist I say :WTF: That was very clearly an excuse to dump you off their service. All anxiety sufferers have safety behaviours, it's as fundamental to the problem as being worried! :doh:

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 ----------

That's a good point. I remember that happened to lior when she was referred. On the local trust website it even said they won't treat anything other than x, y,z and won't touch anxiety & depression. I was really surprised. It was all about not having the resources so they very nicely decided we don't matter! :mad:

The GP may have been given the impression there was an actual assessment too when this is more like a case review meeting.

Yep she couldn't wait to get rid of me! I've had CBT twice, 2013 and 2015. The therapist i had in 2013 was brilliant, i would say she may of had MH problems in her past. The one who discharged me in 2015 was useless, she was like a robot, just following as if she was reading from a text book.

snowghost57
11-11-18, 15:34
I'm in the US so I am not familiar with the health care in the UK. I do not take meds since doctors just think handing you a pill solves all ills especially in this country. I would talk to your partner, and I would definitely find another doctor. To slam someone back meds scares me and being on more then one would worry me. I am 58 and I don't take any meds, my last doctor visit (last week) the doctor told me I can't believe your not on any medication for my "age". Seriously?

People that are close to you will care and will not feel burdened, reach out to them. They love you. I hope you get this resolved.

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

best wishes Jude xx

Sure got that right!

BikerMatt
11-11-18, 15:42
The assessment of what the person is wearing always angers me. Maybe we should go to psych appointments dressed as Hannibal Lector or Tarzan? Or maybe naked? It's such an important part of the "assessment" apparently as is tone of voice etc. Not all autistic people have poor eye contact/monosyllabic speech/echolalia-gross generalisations leave the psych open to flawed diagnoses or no diagnosis at all and a "return to sender" label. Mental health patients don't have a checklist to tick off by the medic and score out of 20..

I'm so sorry, Matt. I know how you must be feeling struggling physically and mentally through each and every day. You have to somehow find the strength to fight against this decision. I know it's another battle but maybe you could write it all down in a letter to the relevant department?
Pulisa, It's so wrong on every level. When you look at how sports stars are now starting to open up.
Would we have ever thought that Chris Kirkland, Danny Rose, Andy Cole and Marcus Trescothick would have had the problems they've had, by looking at them? Nope, no chance.
Chris Kirkland has been on the football debate twice in the last few months. He was tipped over the edge by something as simple as changing clubs, meaning he had a drive slightly further for work. He's doing a great thing, he has said how instant help is if people in football need help. How many people have had the help they need here, not many i bet.
In 2013 i felt so bad my Dad phoned my GP and he said to to take me to A&E. I was kept waiting for 6hrs, after about 4hrs a nurse came into A&E, shouted my name then shouted in front of the whole A&E dept "your not going to do something silly are you"! I knew people in there! What a lovely unprofessional thing to do!!

pulisa
11-11-18, 17:45
It's a very different thing for footballers..There's a programme on Talksport at 8pm on Sundays with a sports psychologist-Gary Bloom?. It's very interesting but it's a different world for them re accessing help. It just doesn't happen like that in the real world but it's a good thing that sportsmen are opening up about mental health issues..

I know all about the "go straight to A&E" farce. It's not an option and shouldn't be suggested as one.

BikerMatt
11-11-18, 18:07
It's a very different thing for footballers..There's a programme on Talksport at 8pm on Sundays with a sports psychologist-Gary Bloom?. It's very interesting but it's a different world for them re accessing help. It just doesn't happen like that in the real world but it's a good thing that sportsmen are opening up about mental health issues..

I know all about the "go straight to A&E" farce. It's not an option and shouldn't be suggested as one.

The thing is Chris Kirkland has openly said if he'd not got help as he did, he probably wouldn't be here. I read on here so often about waiting times just for CBT, only a few day's ago i remember somebody saying they've been waiting since April.

Yep the A&E thing is a total farce. I didn't want to go and as it turned out i was justified.

pulisa
11-11-18, 19:22
I waited 2 and a half years for my CBT. Things have improved but even so...

I heard the Chris Kirkland interview and one thing he said really resonated with me.

I was horrified to hear about Gary Speed when it happened and the disbelief from others as to the true state of his mental health. Wonder how your mental health team would have assessed him, Matt?

KK77
11-11-18, 19:40
After recently having to go through the A&E/hosp malarkey, I have to agree that in some respects we've regressed to a Third World country. I was actually horrified that some patients were trying to jump the A&E desk queue by saying that THEIR situation was an "emergency" and to please let them go in front. As if we were all there for a day out :lac:

Buster70
11-11-18, 19:46
It still amazes me Matt that these so called professionals think they can judge what's going on in your head by what you are wearing and how you are acting outwardly, when I was at my worst a woman from the crisis team came and signed me off saying I wasn't acting anxous , I was completely detached from reality and hadn't eaten for days I just sat on the edge of a chair sipping water and shaking inside , pity they can't be given a taste of what it actually feels like it might make them a bit more compassionate.
So here's how not to convince them , a neighbour of mine with mental health problems was out in his garden painting as I walked by , in a full batman costume and he was painting a bush blue , SECTIONED , my old best mate from school lost it in our teens he had some really weird ideas about the world and started hearing voices so he did what any normal person would do he got on a train to London and approached John Major ( then prime minister) to tell him , when he got back home to his tent , armed police greeted him ,SECTIONED , and more recently an old mate had a pip interview and knowing how they work before he went he peed himself , wiped food down his top ,didn't shave for few days and forced himself to cry at the interview , he got home to police waiting to section him and his Mrs had to convince them he wasn't a risk and she'd look after him .
Your dammed if you do dammed if you don't , you really do have to laugh :roflmao:

BikerMatt
11-11-18, 19:55
I waited 2 and a half years for my CBT. Things have improved but even so...

I heard the Chris Kirkland interview and one thing he said really resonated with me.

I was horrified to hear about Gary Speed when it happened and the disbelief from others as to the true state of his mental health. Wonder how your mental health team would have assessed him, Matt?

Bloody hell 2 1/2 years!!! I never even got offered CBT until 2013, by this time i had been struggling since 2006. My therapist was brilliant and just couldn't understand why i hadn't been referred way, way sooner. I was just slapped on seroxat and keft to get on with it.

If it it was the real Gary Speed i'm sure he would've been seen insrantly.It would be like a scene from the fast show. "Oh hello sir, nice suit sir, oh suits you sir" Oh, isn't it super sir, oh, the way the pin stripes run up and down sir, oh, suits you sir,oh" "Oh, how can we help sir, oh" "Oh, when you take a dump sir, does sink or float,oh, suits you sir, oh" lol.

It's the one and only time i've ever known the NHS to be efficient with anything. Referral received, a decision made within six days, discharged six days later and notified four days later, with a careplan, chuck him on mind altering junk. F### em! I"m not taking it! It's never done any good before!

pulisa
11-11-18, 20:56
So I take it your "care plan" will involve regular monitoring from the GP as you will now be taking venlafaxine (recognised by the Royal College of Psychiatrists as being a complex drug from which to withdraw), propranolol AND mirtazapine..?Any problems? Just make an appointment with your GP and sit tight! Oh there may be a bit of a wait to see the GP of course because we're very busy...

fishman65
11-11-18, 22:07
I'm on venlafaxine, mirtazapine and propranolol :unsure:

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-18, 02:52
I'm in the US so I am not familiar with the health care in the UK. I do not take meds since doctors just think handing you a pill solves all ills especially in this country. I would talk to your partner, and I would definitely find another doctor. To slam someone back meds scares me and being on more then one would worry me. I am 58 and I don't take any meds, my last doctor visit (last week) the doctor told me I can't believe your not on any medication for my "age". Seriously?

People that are close to you will care and will not feel burdened, reach out to them. They love you. I hope you get this resolved.

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Sure got that right!

Yeah, I think outwardly the US has always been a pill culture. At least that's been my impression from what our media have fed us. It may be untrue, the media have their bias and there are many who just dislike the US in general so make BS up.

We seem to be there ourselves when it comes to antidepressants though. And other anti anxiety meds ("mother's little helper" springs to mind and how so many ended up dependant on the stuff years later when they finally admitted they messed this up :mad:). But I think GP's face a hard decision because they know our therapy can take so long to access that they may have to let a patient sit untreated and see them worsen. Maybe they want to help but I agree with you that some just want us out of the surgery and dish out the pills as it's easier than spends months of frequent visits monitoring you.

When I see someone on here talk about their GP being cautious and keeping in touch I think they are the better ones.

Hah! How is it not a good thing that you aren't on meds at 58? Surely that means you are healthier than most? Your GP should be very pleased, aren't you saving them money for a start?

---------- Post added at 02:52 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

Just look at the celebs, Matt. They just wander into The Priory, glass of champers in hand.

That's probably unfair, mental health is very hard for all of us. I just tend to get a bit sick of the fact so many are struggling and some celebs put themselves up as ambassadors for mental health when they get priority care and any drug they want available unlike the rest of us who have to jump through hoops to get even half of that.

And the celebs who lie about it. Katie Price being a current one with her disgraceful "PTSD from my narcissistic husbands" BS. I can think of others.

Footballers can get the best care there is tomorrow. The issue for them is surely going to be the stigma in a testosterone fuelled world like many other sports. And then it's all about performance for them and you have to wonder about how it may impact on coaching decisions.

It seems quite unfair when you consider how many footballers are snorting the length of the pitch markings, drink driving, fighting, getting sent to jail (finally), even rape, etc yet (other than sexual offences, mostly) they are still heroes. But then football is as partisan as it can get. How many fans will dismiss all sorts of offences as long as you score goals?

pulisa
12-11-18, 08:32
I wonder how much Katie Price paid for her PTSD "diagnosis"? I would have thought her various husbands would be more in need of that diagnosis themselves..Whoever "diagnosed" her should be ashamed of belittling such a serious condition.

I think the problem is that those with money can buy a diagnosis and "care" and those who can't afford or justify the exorbitant fees just get put on the NHS bandwagon and are left to their own devices until there is a severe crisis and the NHS is forced to intervene. Is it a reflection of the times that GPs are now just issuing repeat prescriptions for multiple antidepressants to patients whereas before they would be monitored by a psych team? Are psychiatrists now just prescribing without face-to face consultations and then letting the GPs be responsible for future monitoring?

To me it seems a very blasé approach to powerful meds and I'm glad I'm not in the system.

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-18, 13:41
That's if you believe a doctor has even been involved, pulisa :winks: But yes, easy enough to get a diagnosis, often convenient, when they have cash.

I just laughed when they told her (she says :rolleyes:) that it was because she is drawn to narcissistic men. If ever we needed proof doctors are crap, that would be it :biggrin: But then getting papped outside a building doesn't necessarily mean you have been in it :whistles:

Honest doctoring needed. Robbie Williams tries to jump on the autism bandwagon to label his behaviour fashionably but the assessing doctor replies "no, you're just a bellend" :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
13-11-18, 14:31
I wonder if anyone has joined this thread hoping for a good laugh only to be greeted by us moaning Minnies? :biggrin:

pulisa
13-11-18, 17:08
I hope you are ok, Matt?

I know there is a lot of anger and frustration in this thread but it must be very hard for Matt.

BikerMatt
16-11-18, 15:58
It still amazes me Matt that these so called professionals think they can judge what's going on in your head by what you are wearing and how you are acting outwardly, when I was at my worst a woman from the crisis team came and signed me off saying I wasn't acting anxous , I was completely detached from reality and hadn't eaten for days I just sat on the edge of a chair sipping water and shaking inside , pity they can't be given a taste of what it actually feels like it might make them a bit more compassionate.
So here's how not to convince them , a neighbour of mine with mental health problems was out in his garden painting as I walked by , in a full batman costume and he was painting a bush blue , SECTIONED , my old best mate from school lost it in our teens he had some really weird ideas about the world and started hearing voices so he did what any normal person would do he got on a train to London and approached John Major ( then prime minister) to tell him , when he got back home to his tent , armed police greeted him ,SECTIONED , and more recently an old mate had a pip interview and knowing how they work before he went he peed himself , wiped food down his top ,didn't shave for few days and forced himself to cry at the interview , he got home to police waiting to section him and his Mrs had to convince them he wasn't a risk and she'd look after him .
Your dammed if you do dammed if you don't , you really do have to laugh :roflmao:

Shocking Buster! It's a joke!

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

I'm on venlafaxine, mirtazapine and propranolol :unsure:

Fishman, what doses do you take?

MyNameIsTerry
16-11-18, 16:07
I hope you are ok, Matt?

I know there is a lot of anger and frustration in this thread but it must be very hard for Matt.

Yep, I meant the rest of us piling on top of Matt's frustration. In a light hearted way, or course, all these frustrations are maddening.

BikerMatt
16-11-18, 17:09
I hope you are ok, Matt?

Yes im ok ish Pulisa.

I'm full of frustration. My GP referring me to the psychiatrist and what wen't on was just another MASSIVE kick in the teeth in a long line of kicks in the teeth.

When i say i've got a pain in my liver/gallbladder area + all my other classic gallbladder symptoms i expect to be taken seriously. I've now been severely dizzy amd off balance 24/7 since July 2017. I waited nearly 8 months to see a neurologist who ordered an MRI which showed some abnormalities, so he saw me again and both letters from him he's stated occassional dizzy spells, NOT 24/7. I told him it was 24/7 till i was blue in the face. My Partner can't believe it as she's come with me both times. He sen't me for the nerve conduction studies, i had them 28/9/18 and i've heard NOTHING. It's a joke.

I HATE anything medical, i've never had an ounce of HA and feel like i've been dealt the "oh he's got anxiety" the perfect get of jail free card.

Sorry to be moaning again, but to add further insult to injury a prescription lands on my doormat this afternoon containing venlafaxine and propranolol!!!! I'd said to myself i'm going to leave it and see if my GP get's in contact about my psychiatrist letter, but NO nothing.

So it appears, nobody is going to speak to me. I got the date wrong that my GP referred me and i've been referred, discharged and meds delivered all in the space of 22 days, without even talking to me.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Reading the letter from the psychiatrist again they had no idea i'd not started venlaxafine that they'd suggested in 2015, I had only taken the propranolol. So absolutely 100% NO way would i have been properly monitored the last time. Just whack people on meds and leave them. Disgraceful!

Carys
16-11-18, 18:41
I wonder if anyone has joined this thread hoping for a good laugh only to be greeted by us moaning Minnies?

This was the first post I read when looking in on this thread, right now.....ok.....I'm off then.......:roflmao:

Ta ra

Shockingly bad 'service' continuing then Matt, hard to believe they can prescribe without even seeing you etc. :scared15:

BikerMatt
16-11-18, 18:42
That's if you believe a doctor has even been involved, pulisa :winks: But yes, easy enough to get a diagnosis, often convenient, when they have cash.

I just laughed when they told her (she says :rolleyes:) that it was because she is drawn to narcissistic men. If ever we needed proof doctors are crap, that would be it :biggrin: But then getting papped outside a building doesn't necessarily mean you have been in it :whistles:

Honest doctoring needed. Robbie Williams tries to jump on the autism bandwagon to label his behaviour fashionably but the assessing doctor replies "no, you're just a bellend" :yesyes:

The amount of kids in my boy's year who are supposedly autistic or have things like ADHD is incredible, everybody has to have a label, it's pathetic! I'm not saying some aren't but how many have been properly diagnosed? Not many, i bet. Many are just your normal naughty, loud, quiet kids but that can't be normal these days.

Robbie Williams= Talentness **** for the masses "yes but he's an entertainer":lac::lac:

Yes i get you with many of the stars, but some good genuine sports stars spring to my mind who've had hard times, James Wade (darts) is bipolar, Marcus Trescothick, Jonathan Trott and Chris Kirkland.

BikerMatt
17-11-18, 11:53
This was the first post I read when looking in on this thread, right now.....ok.....I'm off then.......:roflmao:

Ta ra

Shockingly bad 'service' continuing then Matt, hard to believe they can prescribe without even seeing you etc. :scared15:

Sorry Carys, i missed your reply.

Yep, i get my prescriptions delivered, so just got the Ven and Prop through my letterbox without hearing a word from my GP.

I won't be taking it, and even if i was happy to take it i wouldn't start it at the mo as i've got a HIDA scan, ultrasound and loads of blood tests all coming up in the next 13 days.

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Yep, I meant the rest of us piling on top of Matt's frustration. In a light hearted way, or course, all these frustrations are maddening.

Terry, I know that. We're British, we're trained as children to have a laugh and take the p##s properly.

My Nan trained me up and having to older Brothers meant my training continued for many years:D

BikerMatt
25-11-18, 12:58
So thought i would update.

I spoke to my GP about this on Friday, told him i was very, very unhappy with the psychiatry team, referred, discharged without seeing me and a load of meds delivered through my door, in the space of under 3 weeks.

His answer..... "write to them" what a pr##k!! Like that's my job!!!

Carnation
25-11-18, 14:24
What?!?! :ohmy: Bloody hell Matt, you must be so pissed off. :hugs:

BikerMatt
25-11-18, 15:10
What?!?! :ohmy: Bloody hell Matt, you must be so pissed off. :hugs:

Yep it's a beauty!! I'm going to change GP's when this whole shitty mess is over. I'm seeing everything through with this muppet so i can lodge a serious complaint!

MyNameIsTerry
25-11-18, 22:51
Sounds like the guy just can't be arsed. It's his damn referral and his patient.

It wouldn't surprise me if calling the other lot just got you referred back to your GP to sort it out.

BikerMatt
25-11-18, 23:11
Sounds like the guy just can't be arsed. It's his damn referral and his patient.

It wouldn't surprise me if calling the other lot just got you referred back to your GP to sort it out.

Simply put the guy's a tw#t.

Terry, i've got a stack of evidence with things my GP has failed me on. I have everything written down, dates, times, what's been said etc.

This may seem way over the top to some, but honestly when you feel like i do, my GP has been pathetic.

I actually booked the phone appt that i had on Friday the week before, which was on the day that the ven & prop turned up through my letterbox. For me to tell my GP i'm not happy with the way it's been dealt with by the psychiatry team and for him to suggest that i wrute to them is ......... like you say, he can't be arsed!

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-18, 02:14
That's the right way to do it, Matt! Get evidence. It's much harder to address someone with all the facts as it leaves a lot less wiggle room (to "suggest" things to the customer that they might accept...even the complaint handler knows it's an assumption :whistles:).

It seems just bizarre to me that you get a referral to a CMHT for a psychiatrist to just send you a bottle of pills without even seeing you! :ohmy: ...I wonder if they do that with Diazepam :winks:

Imagine any other specialism looking at some notes, never seeing the patient and just prescribing a treatment? That is surely unheard of? :shrug:

Carnation
26-11-18, 09:57
Words fail me on this Matt.
I feel I should be shocked as we are supposed to be in a more advanced world today, but I truly believe we are going backwards in society. :lac:
Not only that, it affects your trust with the so called medical profession, I know it has with me.
Sometimes I think you are better asking around real people that have experienced the same thing, a bit like we do on here. :hugs:

Lola-Lee
26-11-18, 10:04
Yep,I agree Carnation I might change my quack and start seeing my dogs Vet,plus he is a bit of a spunk

Carnation
26-11-18, 10:11
Lola, asking your Vet is not a totally stupid idea. It is a fact that many of them train to be a doctor first. :winks:

BikerMatt
26-11-18, 15:31
That's the right way to do it, Matt! Get evidence. It's much harder to address someone with all the facts as it leaves a lot less wiggle room (to "suggest" things to the customer that they might accept...even the complaint handler knows it's an assumption :whistles:).

It seems just bizarre to me that you get a referral to a CMHT for a psychiatrist to just send you a bottle of pills without even seeing you! :ohmy: ...I wonder if they do that with Diazepam :winks:

Imagine any other specialism looking at some notes, never seeing the patient and just prescribing a treatment? That is surely unheard of? :shrug:

It's scary mate. I booked the phone appt with him and waited a week as that was the 1st phone appt available. I did the phone appt for two reasons 1, i don't like to take a face to face when i can tell him that i'm unhappy with CMHT 2, I didn't want to lose my temper and a face to face would make that easier.

I was polite and i'm biding my time, but his response of me writing to them flabbergasted me. I was expecting him to say " leave it with me i will get on the phone to them and come back to you" but then i suppose i shouldn't have been suprised as it would've been him that issued the ven and prop.

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Words fail me on this Matt.
I feel I should be shocked as we are supposed to be in a more advanced world today, but I truly believe we are going backwards in society. :lac:
Not only that, it affects your trust with the so called medical profession, I know it has with me.
Sometimes I think you are better asking around real people that have experienced the same thing, a bit like we do on here. :hugs:

I now have 0 trust in Dr's as i've been left to feel this way with struggling mentally because of all the delays, bumps, fobb off's whilst living in pain. When i say i have a pain, i have a pain + my other symptoms. It's a joke.

To get a diagnosis last week of PPPD for my 24/7 dizziness was a relief, but this was something else my GP put a massive brick wall up against. PPPD is not helped by stress and when i met the audiological scientist last week she had a double take when i said it had been 24/7 since July 2017. She was "what July this year or last year?"

I hate GP's! GP surgeries should be open 7 days a week like everything else. How they got away with it is beyond me, they made out they were being asked to work 7 days but that wasn't the case. Can't they just have a rota systen? Like everyone else?

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

This may seem like bull#### but i swear on my little boys life this is all true....

My nephew had severe stomach problems in the Spring. A GP turned round to him and said have you actually just thought about getting better! He's 16 and it turned out that he has crohns.

Mycousin was fobbed for a couple of years told he was depressed. Turns out he had parkinsons. This time last year he was diahnosed with bowel cancer, they removed most of his bowel but they took to long and it had spread to his liver.

The nearly 70 year old lady who live a few doors down from me was complaining of severe stomach pain sinve April. She finally had a colonoscopy at the start of Aug, she had bowel cancer but didn't find out until the end of Sept and that was only because she phoned her GP surgery. She then waited over 3 weeks to have a large part of her bowel removed but it has spread to some of her nodes. SHE IS SUING THE NHS.

My mum was diagnosed with a heart condition last Spring after waiting 4 months. It then took nearly 9 months to get the correct treatment. She developed a cough at the start of the year so her cardiologist wanted her to see a respritory consultant and they refused her referral. The cardiologist got onto it and she had her appt last week. She got there for 12pm appt and was told it was running 90mins late and did she wan't to rebook she refused and waited. Shes got to have a CT scan and a bone marrow biopsy, so that's a worry.

My mate was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in Jan and waited to have his entire thyroid removed until May.

My Dad had a AAA 3 years ago, it was fit for bursting and he waited 4 months to have it repaired.

My SIL was admitted to hospital thus summer with a massive infection caused by a huge kidney stone that would have to be surgically removed. When she was discharged she was told that the wait for surgery woukd be upto 6 months.

And breathe Matthew! I could go on but that's enough to demonstrate the NHS is crap!

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

My Partner just reminded me of this one, 3 years ago her BIL had prosrate cancer, he gad to travel a 50 mile round trip 5 days a week for 6 weeks, to have radiotherapy. He got a lift there and got the bus back whilst feeling ill. After the treatment had finished he was supposed to have a follow up after 3 months to check if the treatment had worked, he got an appt 2 weeks after the treatment had finished. He phoned to say that it should be at 3 months, they had made a mistake and would send him a new appt at 3 months. Now this is silly on his part but he heard nothing! Nothing at all! He should of chased it, but never did! So he had cancer, had the treatment and had had NO follow up's! Nothing!! The treatment must've worked as this was 3 years ago, but what an NHS COCK UP! No possible way could the hospital/NHS know that!

BikerMatt
13-10-19, 13:50
So at the mo you see nothing but MH things on the telly but I really don't think "normal folk" know how very little help there is or how bad it is.

In 2015 I was referred to the MH team and they based their whole report on the fact that I was clean, well dressed and made good eye contact. WTF

Last year I was referred again, wasn't even seen and nearly the whole report was based on 2015. WTF

At the start of August I went to my GP and told him I felt like jumping off a cliff so he reffered me on an urgent.

It took 5 weeks for the MH team to make contact and at this point they said they would phone me with an apppt by the following day latest.

I heard nothing for a further 2 weeks! So now 7 weeks since my urgent referral with an appt for mid Dec!

That's 4 1/2 months in total and told that's on the so called urgent appt! WTF!!!!!