PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my younger brother

HullSimplibus
10-11-18, 16:05
My younger brother is four. About the same time I started getting pain in my appendix area, he started being sick twice an hour. However it has lasted for more than 48 hours and its worrying me and my mum. If he doesn't pee by 9 o'clock the doctor recommended taking him to hospital.

Regards
Matt

Sparky16
10-11-18, 16:28
Poor little guy. Sounds like the doctor is concerned about dehydration. They might have to give him some fluids by IV. I hope he feels better soon.

Carys
10-11-18, 17:04
Hiyer,

Oh dear, it sounds like you might both had a stomach bug of some sort doesn't it - but he is faring much worse. As the poster above said,they will want to give him fluids, as he's not keeping anything down, and test for what is going on. Don't worry Hull, they will take good care of him and he will be in the right place if he is that under the weather. Do update and tell us how he/you get on.

HullSimplibus
10-11-18, 17:07
Poor little guy. Sounds like the doctor is concerned about dehydration. They might have to give him some fluids by IV. I hope he feels better soon.

Oh, I hope not he doesn't like needles :weep:

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Hiyer,

Oh dear, it sounds like you might both had a stomach bug of some sort doesn't it - but he is faring much worse. As the poster above said,they will want to give him fluids, as he's not keeping anything down, and test for what is going on. Don't worry Hull, they will take good care of him and he will be in the right place if he is that under the weather. Do update and tell us how he/you get on.

Hiya again

I hope he will be ok. I will make sure to tell you.

Thanks to you both :hugs:

Carys
10-11-18, 17:09
Well, they will be really good with young children, they are used to dealing with youngsters (he may even been seen on paediatric dept) and will find ways to encourage him and help him to be brave.

HullSimplibus
10-11-18, 18:18
Well, they will be really good with young children, they are used to dealing with youngsters (he may even been seen on paediatric dept) and will find ways to encourage him and help him to be brave.

Well, I will do my best to support him, however he seems to be perking up a bit now, he hasn't been sick since this afternoon and he is running about shouting again.

My mum seems to have been struck down with it though :weep:

Carys
10-11-18, 18:19
Ohhh nooooooo not Mum as well ! Oh my goodness, you are going to have to be extra helpful and supportive to her now AND deal with your 'perked up' brother ! :winks::D

HullSimplibus
10-11-18, 18:49
Ohhh nooooooo not Mum as well ! Oh my goodness, you are going to have to be extra helpful and supportive to her now AND deal with your 'perked up' brother ! :winks::D

Oh that's ok. I will cope :yesyes::hugs::winks:

Carys
10-11-18, 19:38
I'm SURE you will, no doubts. :D

HullSimplibus
11-11-18, 12:30
I'm SURE you will, no doubts. :D

I am coping well in helping them both. Though i'm even more worried for my younger brother. His vomit smells of eggs and he hasn't eaten eggs (he can't stand eggs).

Carys
11-11-18, 16:11
Is he still being sick then ? Is anyone else living at home with you, or is it just you, Mum and your brother? If you get worried make sure you ring someone and tell them what is happening.

This sounds like a really nasty bug and I think by now your brother should be drinking plenty of fluids, and will need them.